Why MASM produces an error?
Posted on 2004-05-31 12:09:32 by Alex BP
Because it is already defined in comctrl32.inc?
Posted on 2004-05-31 12:34:53 by roticv
That type of errores are produced by the linker, not the assembler, the assembler give you errors like: redefinition of a symbol, invalid operands, jumps out of range, errors directly in the file that you are working. Instead the linker give you errors that are "watched" in the object files when is the link time.

Perhaps, you are not passing the sufficient libs to the linker, also I think probably is InitCommonControls instead of Custom..
Posted on 2004-05-31 12:36:50 by rea
2 roticv
In comctrl32.inc InitCommonControls functions do not exist!

2 hgb
InitCommonControls function is defined in core.lib
Posted on 2004-05-31 12:53:41 by Alex BP
The symbol was InitCustomControls not InitCommonControls.

MASM could not find your InitCustomControls function. The library you have (core.lib) does not seem to export the function as a C convention function but rather decorated as a C++ function. I am not entirely sure what you can do about this.

For example it is exported in the lib as:

InitCustomControls@@YAXPAUHINSTANCE__@@@Z

and MASM is expecting the C export:

_InitCustomControls@4

2 roticv
In comctrl32.inc InitCommonControls functions do not exist!

2 hgb
InitCommonControls function is defined in core.lib

BTW, ofcourse InitCommonControls exists in the API...

InitCommonControls

And no it is not defined in the lib.
Posted on 2004-05-31 13:00:43 by donkey
Excuse! In the previous message I have confused InitCommonControls and InitCustomControls. Certainly InitCommonControls it is defined in comctrl32.inc.

So to me to do?
Posted on 2004-05-31 13:11:54 by Alex BP
Is it possible to recompile the LIB ? If you could do that with C format exports it would solve the problem, don't know anything about C or C++ though so I would be of no help here, perhaps f0dder will see the thread.

If not use the search function in this forum, I am sure that someone ran into this before, he may have found a solution.
Posted on 2004-05-31 14:08:19 by donkey
Than it is possible to recompile lib?
Posted on 2004-05-31 14:36:23 by Alex BP
Well, sure you can. I think that it just calls Core.DLL anyway. If you can do the protos just put them in an INC file and use Inc2Lib (found in MASM32) to create a new import library for the DLL.
Posted on 2004-05-31 15:27:33 by donkey