http://assembly.codegurus.org is gone.
Bry, what's the story?
Posted on 2004-06-02 10:41:16 by Homer
What was It...?
Posted on 2004-06-02 11:32:14 by NaN
It was just an educational page devoted to asm, but as part of the CodeGurus site, it provided a lot of publicity for asm in programmer-but-non-asm communities. The guy who ran it (Bryant Keller aka SynFire) is a member HERE and I hope he sticks around, he's a compadre, even though he prefers to code in purely lowlevel asm, it wasn't so long ago that I felt the same way.
Posted on 2004-06-03 00:29:05 by Homer
Sorry I've been away,
There has been a lot of stuff going on lately, and I've not really had time to do anything as far as coding. The codegurus assembly page will be taken over by Jon, a friend of the owners, since I decided to leave codegurus. There seemed to be a bit of a clash in interrests between myself and a few of the affiliates/members of codegurus so instead of being childish, I decided to just step down and let someone else handle it.

The conflicts were due to many of the affiliates being slightly immature (thinking they were 1337 etc.) and I personally don't want to be affiliated with such behavior.

The site should be back up, I sent Jon all of my previous work so he can get things going as soon as possible. But once I get some personal business out of the way, I'll be doing jnz.uni.cc which will more or less be like the old Malcode Research site I done, except geared towards assembly rather than Linux/Unix C.

P.S. - Homer, you should get online more often, I've actually been dropping in looking for ya mate ;)
Posted on 2004-06-14 22:10:29 by Synfire
Hi Synfire,

Your MalCode site is one of the most original and innovative site ideas I have ever seen. I really like it :alright:
Posted on 2004-06-14 22:52:13 by donkey
Donkey, Thanks, it's actually exactly what assembly.codegurus.org looked like (since I changed the look to that when I was starting in the codegurus.org project. Malcode is more of a dumping ground though now.

Several years ago I was writing tutorials like crazy, and people actually ended up liking them so I made that site to post them.

Now since I've moved into the windows programming world (rather than Linux/BSD C/C++ and BSD Nasm) I do kinda want to do something similar for windows... but who knows..

Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot since I only really tinker around with web design :)
Posted on 2004-06-15 11:46:15 by Synfire