Ok this problem is so unbelievably stupid that I know by posting it here I'll figure out what's wrong. Even so here is the screen shot I get when adding a small amount of commented code to RadASM's Dialog template code.

The code probably doesn't work since I haven't done much assembly. When I tried to assemble it I get the error invalid character in file. So I tried commenting some of the lines till I was left with code that I knew would work. Now with all the lines I wrote commented out I still get these errors. What on earth's going on?

The Image
Posted on 2004-06-05 18:09:39 by DeX
Ok I was right, I did figure out the problem shortly after posting.

Somehow a couple of A0 characters had sneaked into my code which must have happened while doing some copying and pasting. This character isn't even part of the normal ascii set so it's no wonder masm complained... *sigh*
Posted on 2004-06-05 18:21:37 by DeX
you might want to delete all the spaces before your commented sections ";". the reason i would suggest this is because i had a similar problem before and after i deleted all the spaces including any trailing spaces in the code where the issue was and the problem went away. after getting it to work again you can put the spaces back where you had them before and it should work.
Posted on 2004-06-05 18:24:15 by smurf