Even though the attached source isn't anything really game-specific yet, I'd nonetheless like to post this in here, I'd like to build on it, write a game-specific client/server topology from it.

The source presented creates a listening socket on tcp port 49152 , or failing that, tries incrementally. The server keeps track of client ip addresses in a ListView control, while associating client sockethandles with listview items.
The server enforces one rule , that an IP address may only have a single concurrent connection to the server.
When clients disconnect, they are removed from the List (I hope).

Feedback on this demo would be appreciated :)
Posted on 2004-06-08 08:26:22 by Homer
Very nice :)
It does work, hehe

Here's app to test it:

http://www.drk.com.ar/builder.php
Posted on 2004-06-11 05:22:13 by zabnik
I'm thinking a lot about how to implement a GameServer for the purposes of realtime world editing by multiple users at once.
This could be deployed over the internet and/or a LAN to help speed up game development time. Authentication would of course be required to access Administrative (editor) functions of the Server. Ideally, editing could occur WHILE a game is in progress, which is a feature of several MMORPGs etc.
Thus there would be one well-written Server application, and two Client applications, one developer version, and one without the God-Like power of Dev.
Posted on 2004-06-26 03:03:50 by Homer