As I promised, here's my FTP-Server code w/o interface

Why did I wrote it? Because I didnt found any on ASSEMBLER

It is almost multi-client but it is switching directory using SetCurrentDirectory, that means each client does not have some private "current directory".

When client is connected Server assigns a personal structure and thread to it.
Why thread? Because all sockets are blocking-mode, but im planning to utilize these threads, because there are some unknown unlimited loop's been when i tried MSIE as client.

Also there's problem with source: not heave commented, lightly

What Server allowed to do:

[*]Make directory
    [*]Rename
    [*]Download restarting
    [*]Download
    [*]Upload
    [*]Delete(only files)
    [*]PASSIVE data connection - buggy, same port used: 1337
    [*]PORT

about clients, successfuly tested with (as clients):
Posted on 2004-06-13 06:16:00 by zabnik
dosn?t work for me.. (win XP) and i dont understand the commented language..
Posted on 2004-06-13 20:15:13 by Rygar
Oops, forgot to tell, the port is 1942 not 21, and as i wrote above, app doesnt have any windows it stays hidden, look at taskmon
Posted on 2004-06-15 04:39:46 by zabnik
I can help you code a gui if I have the time and if you want.
Posted on 2004-06-15 09:48:29 by roticv
Sometimes ago I did a FTP with WININET.DLL...i.e. with dll created for Windows...

Mine is working...I saw yours, but I think it is not working...you used wsock.dll...

go to FTP with WININET

If you also want to see my site about assembler go to ... Assembler

Me I used wininet and it works correctly...but with wininet it is impossible (see almost) to use asynchrone mode...

I think if you like mathematics and physics you will be happy...

Good enjoy for you and for all whose are interested by Computer Science....

-----
Gerard

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The better way is to do all by oneself"
(Unknown)
Posted on 2004-06-19 08:24:08 by gerard
zabnik

Excuse for the response I have made for you...

Your program is not bad...and is more powerful than I thought it...

First thing...try to build a window...yes your program is loaded in memory but...one prefers to see a window ...we are pragmatics...

Mine (i.e. program) is only a client...yours is a Server...(although I very well know that with WindowsXP one can use it like a FTP site)...
Second thing try to use WSA with API WSAAsyncSelect like that your program will not work in a blocked state...

Me I was obssessed by a program using WSOCK to made a Net like eMule ...and it is for that I watched your program in quick view ...but after a certain time I came back to your program and put a good eye in it....

I repeat me, try to re-mold your program by creating a window and using WSAAsyncSelect ...

Good work...

Gerard....
----

In this forum one can always find help or advices ...
Posted on 2004-06-19 09:49:09 by gerard
Im making a window right now, im unsure how long it takes but it will be finished and will support as many as possible Clients, Commands, and Server options
Posted on 2004-06-19 17:15:16 by zabnik