ok this should work better now. check this out and let me know what you think. final beta version.
Posted on 2004-07-25 16:01:09 by smurf
Hi Smurf,

It's a nice program :)

Just a thought however ... what is for :) I mean,
I imagined being able to "play" the movie when
double-clicking it (i.e. i can specify a location for
it by going to properties or when adding it, and
then double-clicking plays).

Perhaps it could serve as a movie selection tool
from your personal library ? I.e. functions like

" Play random movie "
" Play random movie "

In any case, I like the user interface ! :), except
it is a little hard to close very fast.

-- abc
Posted on 2004-07-26 23:43:40 by abc123
hi abc123, thanks for taking a look at it. I originally started this for my own purposes and allowed little room for customization. Because I have no other interests at the moment I think I will add other settings to allow for custimizations and such. I had an intersting thought on how to store setttings for the program. I thought I would just store all my settings in a new table in the database. This would minimize additional files and registry minipulation. I hate the fact that most programs I install on my system leave some sort of trail behind even after they are uninstalled.

new first additions coming:

allow custimization of the catorgories
allow for minimization of the main window
make the program easier to exit out of
possibly elimate the ability to edit in the listview directly.. instead bringing up a popup window with numberous custimization options.
option to store movie location information to play movie on demand / also additonal movie information
more to come after that....
Posted on 2004-07-28 19:06:36 by smurf
Hi smurf,

thank you for this interesting work.

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=18642&highlight=stanks

ipadilla
Posted on 2004-07-28 23:40:58 by ipadilla
here is an update to my movie database program. alot of the genre's are not correct for the movies i have listed in the database. anyways i rewrote the code and it is much different from the original source i had posted. still need to work on it alot and im going to have to fit settings in somewhere. the option to change the genre's filter will be implemented shortly. anyways i thought i could get some comments on the new version and any bugs you may find.
Posted on 2004-09-01 20:04:39 by smurf
Hi Smurf,
Really nice program. What abour double click to Edit, update?
ipadilla
Posted on 2004-09-02 01:01:15 by ipadilla