Yip, the title says it all.

Specifics:
1) Listview is subclassed so that it will process WM_MOUSEMOVE messages and then work out on which item the mouse is positioned.
2) The Custom draw feature of the ListView is set up correctly to notify the parent upon each item redraw.

And sofar the System send the notification only when you select the item but i need to send it as soon as the mouse is over the item......
So what i need to know is there a way to send this message explicitly or do i have to fill out all the stuctures that accompanies the WM_NOTIFY message -> .code==NM_CUSTOMDRAW -> .dwDrawStage==CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT.

PS: The Listview extended style of track hot has a 5 second delay or whot eva according to each system and i need an instant message sent.

Was just wandering....

Kindly,
Black iCE
Posted on 2004-07-19 10:52:09 by Black iCE
Humm, didn't look that closely at your question, so sorry if this isn't at all what you want - but what about doing InvalidateRect when you get the mouse move?
Posted on 2004-07-19 11:19:54 by f0dder
F0dder, all adivise is most welcome from every1.

I looked into InvalidateRect but it speaks about the window update region and then i will have to process the WM_PAINT message again - which will slam me right back at why can't i draw. I might be trying something that is beyond my expertieze but that is why i ask you all. But i am weighing both options out and have 2 versions of the app already each going in diffrent directions. But the advatage about the WM_NOTIFY is that all info is provided plus it can be narrowed down to the specific item that you wish to get updates from.
Posted on 2004-07-19 11:29:02 by Black iCE
Uploaded whot i have got.

Just need a way to bind the WM_MOUSEMOVE with the WM_NOTIFY have a look and experiment at your lesure!:grin:

Removed cause resolved... upload at end of thread
Posted on 2004-07-19 11:35:47 by Black iCE
Hey found the solution!

When the mouse is over the item then i'll just have to send a WM_LBUTTONDOWN message to the ListView window which will send the custom draw message to my main window procedure.

Now i just hope this does not interfere with actually selecting the item.:confused:

Black iCE
Posted on 2004-07-19 12:46:45 by Black iCE
Ok so whot i have is the Frame rect drawing on the items, but now how do i remove the old frame drawn ie send a erase background instruction and how do i draw the frame the whole width of the ListView window?

Once again play-around. (Note Using XP styles and api calls in listview)
Posted on 2004-07-19 15:14:35 by Black iCE
Hey you - ova here!!! Yes,

how would you make something draw with a null background, cause currently the Listview items are drawn with a white background and i can't seem to find the API or whot eva to do.

I apologise if i sounded rude, i am just a little-alot lost

Shot,
Black iCE

added in apology... sounded bad after i read it myself....:grin:
Posted on 2004-07-20 12:55:19 by Black iCE
Couldn't make the item transparent so i cheated by making the control transparent.
invoke SendMessage,g_hWndLVMenu,LVM_SETBKCOLOR,NULL,
CLR_NONE.

Still looks bad so if any1 can figure out how to make the icon+text have a null background please tell me.

Black iCE

chaned line of code for readibility....
Posted on 2004-07-20 22:54:49 by Black iCE