why can?t unload a "Dll" from memory like ending a process ?
i need to run in "save mode" ,so the dll is not loaded in memory, to remove a dll at last...

when i think as newbie about it, i think it must work like ending a running program.

the program load in memory and i can end it.
a dll is loaded in memory,too ,but i cant unload some dlls without "save mode".

any reason or some who can explain it to me ?
Posted on 2004-07-20 06:32:16 by xanthos
Specifically a dll is a common resource of code or images or whot eva a group of applications require.

If you look at the dll -> the following must happen, all the apps that require the dll must be terminated and exited properly so that the global count for the dll is decreased and thus the system knows when it can unload it. So if you would like to unload a dll from memory you must first kill all the apps using the dll so that you can unload it.

In short -> safe mode loads only the basics require to run and manage your system and so most of the apps arn't loaded and their respected dll's follow the same principal.

So to answer your question in full you would have to say wich dll are not unloaded until safe-mode... specifically after each reboot everything is unloaded. So that the respected app's that require them or even Processes can be identified.
Posted on 2004-07-20 10:38:31 by Black iCE
ah thats clear and i understand now.
Thanks a lot for the help :)
Posted on 2004-07-20 10:42:31 by xanthos
No problem, glad to help.:alright:

Kindly,
Black iCE
Posted on 2004-07-20 10:45:05 by Black iCE