Some thing to note in the link inside the thread refered:

- Nasm can do more than two passes, but normally with two is suficient for do the work that do in less passes.
- Dont know much about ideal mode, but nasm dosent suport structs/unions in the assembler, suport definitions of offsets ;)... any apareance to structs is in your mind :P.
- "but nasm creat nothing..", pheraphs, pheraps no, keep in touch ;).

- By the way, I know that nasm can run at less the middle time for large files with so little modifications... in some way sure :P, a clean up of the three will be very interesting to do, I guess that some one will clean that project :).

Have a nice day or night.
Posted on 2004-08-18 21:47:01 by rea
who uses struct defines when you have the stack :P
yeah the nasm 2-pass limit is sometimes annoying, sometimes you aren't even given a warning, and your program fails unkowningly, any patches for it maybe?
Posted on 2004-08-19 00:04:35 by Drocon
With a few simple rules to understand I have found Hutch's MASM32 can do anything I need. I'm primarially a hardware man but hell, you can't by a coffee pot without a micro-processor today. I have followed the PC pretty much from it's inception but dropped out for a time because of C (auto-pilot) operating blind and I though Windows 3x was trash. When it got so much better Hutch was there. Apparently his MASM32 is a well excepted standard in many universities and he can best explain which ones. But again I can do anything I need to do using MASM32 and I like it very much and became comfortable with it in a very short period of time thanks to Iczelion's tutorials and help from this board.
Posted on 2004-08-19 01:17:35 by mrgone
thanks everybody!
>asm programmers usually want an assembler that does a lot more like support for structures and hll control structures etc

isn't there a standard commet for assembly like there is for C? Because i don't want to write assembler-dependent programs, i want to write porgrams that will compile everywhere, even if some assembers can make my life easier... ?
Posted on 2004-08-19 03:27:19 by patriziacharms993