Hi all,

Here is WinAsm Studio V3.0.2.7

What's new
-A lot of changes regarding how WinAsm Studio handles linking(Thanks Qvasimodo). Therefore:
-developer has full control on how the project is linked
-no size limit on link command line

-Serious changes on displaying "Make" output text

-Lib.exe is used for building libraries instead of link-->remove -lib command argument from your library projects

-PopUp menu handles are now exported to Add-Ins(Thanks JimG,QvasiModo,DarkSoul,shoorick)

-several changes on opening project files (*.wap) to speed up things

-Various changes to WAAddIn.inc (Thanks PhoBos)

-Slightly changed the behavior of procedure combobox if user had not made any selection(Thanks shoorick)

-Save Files As for external files caused an an irrelevant messagebox to popup(Thanks shoorick)

-You are now able to place a command line for your executable projects; Project-Properties...(Thanks shoorick)-Qvasimodo you need to do some work to your New Project Wizard Add-In
-Release and Debug command lines exported to Add-Ins

-Version Info auto increment(Thanks blues)

-Accelerator Tables auto increment and a minor bug fix

Regards,

Antonis

PS. If this is the first time you are using WinAsm Studio, you need all supporting files available in the next couple of posts below
Posted on 2004-09-18 09:37:16 by akyprian
Hi, Antonis!

I've downloaded your winasm, but it asks me about codehigh.dll :(
Is there something else I need to run it and where I can get it?

Thanks!
Posted on 2004-09-18 14:03:54 by JohnSilber
-PopUp menu handles are now exported to Add-Ins(Thanks JimG,QvasiModo,DarkSoul,shoorick)

MOV EBX,pWinAsmHandles
PUSH .HANDLES.PopUpMenus.hAddInsMenu
POP hAddInsMenu

Clean! Thank you Antonis!!!
Posted on 2004-09-18 16:21:32 by JimG
Hi, JohnSilber!

Antonis is too busy and asked me to help him. here is a winasm 3020 redused package. Unpack WinAsm dir from it (better to the C: ) and place there winasm.exe from winasm3027.zip you already got - now you can start to work. If you get any addin for winasm - always place dll into winasm\addins directory. Enjoy!
Posted on 2004-09-18 23:15:34 by Shoo
i recommend you replace newwizard.dll in winasm\addins with new one from new wizard thread in this forum. to activate an addin you have to go to the menu add-ins -> add-in manager. if you are beginner i recommend to you create first project from dialog->base template. Enjoy!
Posted on 2004-09-18 23:25:15 by Shoo
Now it works! Thanks!
Posted on 2004-09-19 01:53:38 by JohnSilber
thanks antonis for this new version!

i have one comment for phobos, with this version of winasm the QHS causes winasm to crash as soon as the addin is loaded.

blues
Posted on 2004-09-20 08:11:05 by blues4u
Hi blues,

Thanks. I am not sure if I got the latest version of the Add-In on the machine I am using right now, If I do:

mov ebx,pWinAsmHandles

mov pHandles,ebx
m2m hMain,[ebx].HANDLES.hMain

He is using ebx w/o preserving it in WAAddInLoad. Please preserve it or simply change ebx to eax or ecx or edx.

I hope PhoBos is reading....

Cheers,

Antonis
Posted on 2004-09-20 08:23:50 by akyprian
Hi there,

In the last QHS version i wrote
WAAddInLoad proc uses ebx pWinAsmHandles:PTR HANDLES, pWinAsmFeatures:PTR FEATURES

What's wrong ?
Or didn't i post the QHS v2.00 on the WinASM Studio board (*RIP* :evil: ) ??????

Which version are you using blues ?
Posted on 2004-09-20 09:52:00 by PhoBos
Which version are you using blues ?

QHS v2.00

maybe the problem is another.

blues
Posted on 2004-09-20 10:04:57 by blues4u
Very strange!

This is from the Add-In:

szDescription DB "WinASM Studio QHS v2.00. PhoBos 2004",0

and there is NO uses ebx in WAAddInLoad :?

Regards,

Antonis
Posted on 2004-09-20 10:10:07 by akyprian