Hi

I have written a working stand alone exe which I am converting to a RadAsm Addin.

The DllProc open the maindialog. The main dialog has a menu, a listview and buttons. It works.
invoke DialogBoxParam,hInstance,IDD_DIALOG1,hWin,addr MainDlgProc,NULL

From the dialog menu I can open two dialog windows. One with two listboxes and a richedit control. The other with two statics and an edit control. These works.
invoke DialogBoxParam,hInstance,IDD_DIALOG7,hWin,addr VariantDlgProc,0

invoke DialogBoxParam,hInstance,IDD_DIALOG4,hWin,addr VBBrowserProc,TKIND_DISPATCH

The third one can't be opened.
invoke DialogBoxParam,hInstance,IDD_DIALOG2,0,addr RadAsmDlgProc,addr buffer
It has a richedit control and buttons. If I put an int 3 before calling the dialog the execution stops there. If I put the int 3 in the beginning of the dialog process it don't stop there. The execution never enter the process. The return value after the call is -1.

Any idea what's wrong
Posted on 2004-09-20 15:51:26 by minor28
Maybe it is something about the richedit? Did you invoke LoadLibray to load riched20.dll for the richedit? Your dialog won't ever show up if you don't do this first...

/siddhartha
Posted on 2004-09-20 18:22:09 by siddhartha
No, I have also removed the richedit from the dialog. I have changed the ID and lots of other tests. I have exchange the dialog for the others. They works. I don't have any more ideas. Well I haven't deleted the template to start from scratch.
Posted on 2004-09-21 07:04:48 by minor28
Hi minor28

Note that any ID must not be greater than 32767 or the dialog will fail to load.
This also goes for menus on a dialog.

KetilO
Posted on 2004-09-21 08:39:36 by KetilO
I decided to completly remove the dialog and start from scratch. Then I found the fault. For some reason the line #include "Res/RadAsmDlgDlg.rc" in the resource file had been deleted. Luckily I didn't remove anything before I found it.

Thanks for your help
Posted on 2004-09-21 10:54:16 by minor28