hi,
i have two questions about docking windows

1) is it possible to set by code the style of the title bar (gradient, single line, double line)?
2) it seems like the message WM_GETMINMAXINFO is not sent to the docking windows, is it correct? i wanted to restrict the size of a docking but it looks like i have to find a different way.

blues
Posted on 2004-09-21 03:37:03 by blues4u
;Title Styles
STYLE_GRADIENTTITLE EQU 000h
STYLE_TWOLINESTITLE EQU 001h
STYLE_ONELINETITLE EQU 002h

Invoke GetWindowLong,hWnd,GWL_STYLE
AND EAX,0FFFFh

Add or remove any of the above 3 styles, use SetWindowLong with the new style and finally InvalidateRect

you can catch WM_GETMINMAXINFO under certain cases, but I highly reccomend to avoid it...

Antonis
Posted on 2004-09-21 04:10:01 by akyprian
hi antonis,
thanks for the answer.

you can catch WM_GETMINMAXINFO under certain cases, but I highly reccomend to avoid it...

the recommendation which is exactly? to avoid to catch WM_GETMINMAXINFO or more generally to avoid to restrict the size of the docking window?

blues
Posted on 2004-09-21 04:52:04 by blues4u
the recommendation which is exactly? to avoid to catch WM_GETMINMAXINFO or more generally to avoid to restrict the size of the docking window?

Actually both, they will require a ***lot*** of precautions by an Add-in developer.

Antonis
Posted on 2004-09-21 05:12:02 by akyprian
ok i got it :wink:
thanks

blues
Posted on 2004-09-21 05:16:41 by blues4u
hi,
i have some more questions:

1) what message is sent to the docking window when the user presses the "X" button? i couldn't catch the WM_CLOSE... i need this to uncheck the menu item under the "view" menu when the user closes it.

2) is it safe to use threads in an add-in? anything particular to take care of?

blues
Posted on 2004-09-22 10:42:25 by blues4u
hi,
i have some more questions:

1) what message is sent to the docking window when the user presses the "X" button? i couldn't catch the WM_CLOSE... i need this to uncheck the menu item under the "view" menu when the user closes it.

2) is it safe to use threads in an add-in? anything particular to take care of?

blues

Hi folks :)

1) I think it just hides the window instead of closing it, but I'm waiting for Antonis to reply as well.

2) Interesting question! :idea:

I know menu editing is safe, and accelerators and add-in loading/unloading is not. Modifying projct info strings must be evil too.

But how about enumerating windows via WAM_ENUMPROJECTFILES? Or calling any of the other messages? I suppose it's safe as well (they're processed by WinAsm's message queue, so they're serialized whether we like it or not ;) ).
Posted on 2004-09-22 15:05:41 by QvasiModo
Hi,

.ElseIf uMsg==WM_SHOWWINDOW

MOV EDX,MF_BYCOMMAND
.If wParam
OR EDX,MF_CHECKED
.Else
OR EDX,MF_UNCHECKED
.EndIf
Invoke CheckMenuItem,hAddInsMenu,MenuID,EDX

2. Multiple threads: I don't see any special problem as long as the threads "obey" the laws. You can give it a try and let us know of any problem you might face.

Cheers,

Antonis

PS. blues you've got PM
Posted on 2004-09-23 01:30:57 by akyprian
hi antonis,
thanks for the answers, exactly what i was searching for.
about the threads, i made some experiments and i didn't find any problem at all until now :)

blues
Posted on 2004-09-23 03:21:17 by blues4u