I have been searching (for usb), and found some resources beyondlogic usb.org

But I will be very glad if you can provide links with information about usb, serial and parallel ports.

Because I have a project in mind that I dont know how to develop and I need some electronic (that dont know how to develop too) conected via some of this ports(I need understand them and compare them for see what I will use).

I guess you can help my out on this research.

By the way, I think that in my project I will need know signal processing, convertion of voltage and current * and things that I dont know.. if you have some resources let me know, thx.

* I gess I will not like burn my ports.. and also dont know if that will impact the whole PC, then the question is... how can I experiment without trash my ports or my PC????

Have a nice day or night.
Posted on 2004-09-21 07:21:59 by rea
I once burned parallel port out. Found it to be rather unpleasant experience especially when you got some paperwork to print next day.. :(
Anyways you can protect serial/parallel and probably usb port too by some zener diod filters.
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/rs232_protector.html
Posted on 2004-09-22 17:12:36 by arafel
You may want to post this in the Electronics subforum of the Heap.
Posted on 2004-09-22 23:36:19 by tenkey
A yes, diodes ;).

hehehe... I have a little problem, normally I dont like to recieve help... I like normally to do things myself and only question when really necesary, dont know if that is personalism... or I am arrogant? or egoistic or envious...

Anyway I will change that... because like you where guesing I prefer work alone... :)

Yes, I will continue the post related to electronic and such in the electronic subforum :), but what you think about how I am?... related to projects or ideas???...
Posted on 2004-09-23 07:14:14 by rea