Assemble and link projects ok. When run, output windows don't appear. If I then assemble files then link, get error 'can't open -filename.exe-'. I suspect that error is due to the output applicatin window being still open (because it's not visible). Using WinAsm Studio with MASM32.
How can I make output window visible?
Posted on 2004-09-21 18:32:41 by chez
Hi chez

It's easyer to help, if you attach your code :)

regards,

The SharK
Posted on 2004-09-22 02:25:26 by The SharK
Similiar problems with all my .wap codes. They used to assemble, link and run and application window appear. Then I wrote another code. Afterwards programs assemble, link and when exexute app window does not appear. The .exe is ok because WinAsm Studio menu output shows no error. Then if I assemble again, then link I get error . The same for all .wap files. Deleted the last written code and error still exist's. Wonder if there is an option where I can select that application window should appear. 8)
Posted on 2004-09-22 11:13:56 by chez
Hi chez-

The second time error is definitely that the first program is still running and link can't write over the .exe

Bring up task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and you should see it. You can kill it there so you can try something else.

If you post your code, or make up a minimal example that has the problem, we can probably figure out what is wrong.

-J

p.s. I suspect Antonis didn't see this or he would have responded. If you post over in the WinAsm section, he's more likely to see it.
Posted on 2004-09-22 19:21:08 by JimG
Went through 1 code and found about 3 errors. That now working. Will check other codes.
Posted on 2004-09-22 21:50:16 by chez
Went through 1 code and found about 3 errors. That now working. Will check other codes. :)
Posted on 2004-09-22 21:51:10 by chez
Press cntl+alt+del. The files were running in the Task Manager process section. All programs are now working. Thanks for your patience.
Posted on 2004-09-22 22:46:44 by chez