I've tried to get a whole assembler on floppy disk with my source code to work with and an editor with syntax, compile and ftp capacities. I move a lot from computer to computer and I'm trying to code when I have a little time between installations or when I'm outside.

The best I could come with yet is Fasm and the latest AsmWork for the compile option, or Spasm shrinked down from his own source (after I managed to change his icons and get through the weird symbols). I love fasm but it's still long to move code from masm32 to fasm and I can't fit masm32 on a floppy.

Did somebody ever tried this?

The editor that looks promising are Radasm, AsmWork and I've seen Crimson Editor that could almost fit with his ftp capacities.

As for compiler, Fasm seems to be the only one available for it doesn't require inc or lib files to compile.
Posted on 2001-11-20 11:35:44 by Silas
> "As for compiler, Fasm seems to be the only one available for it doesn't require inc or lib files to compile."

... SpAsm, without source may be holded on one flopy. In last
version, the pronograph Icons have been replaced by
alchoolic's Icon's. Hip! frenchy or not frenchy. hip!

If you mean "... to compile... itself"... Well, only FASM can do with
a floppy size.

Have fun, Betov.
Posted on 2001-11-20 13:03:02 by Betov
Hi Silas
I had the same problem, but I burned all my stuff to a CD and just save my working files to Floppy.
Virtually all PC's have CD'R these days.
Cheers
Kim:grin:
Posted on 2001-11-20 13:56:57 by fiddler