Okay... So I have absolutely nothing to contribute to the forum, at the moment, but Homer demanded that i join, and make my presence known. I haven't coded assembly in ten years, and the last time that I wrote a game, the Vic-20 was the popular platform of choice.

So blame this thread on Homer, for making me do it... :-P
Posted on 2004-10-07 09:56:43 by MrYowler
MrYowler,

Don't worry man! Homer brought me here from working with BSD-NASM
and Linux GAS... It takes a little while, but eventually you get the hang of
things and will find this to be an amazing resource (overlooking the random
but few arguments). Might I suggest looking into FASM and GoASM (much
easier to get the hang of comming from the "old ways")

Regards,
Bryant Keller
Posted on 2004-10-07 10:16:54 by Synfire
Blame me by all means, you can't prove a thing :tongue:
Posted on 2004-10-08 00:13:25 by Homer
Should I break out the chat logs, I log all chat sessions :p
Posted on 2004-10-09 16:52:52 by Synfire
Do you mean Homer Simpson, or Homer in greek mythology?
Posted on 2004-10-10 04:30:29 by Sephiroth3
The handle Homer is associated with the Greek poet and philosopher, not the cartoon. I feel strongly aligned with this man because he died for his belief, he was put to death for telling the youth of Athens that the majority not only could be wrong, but usually are... most undemocratic.
He told the young Athenians to think for themselves, and the authorities of the day took a dim view of this, and assumed he had sinister intent.
Posted on 2004-10-29 02:46:20 by Homer
I kinda figured your handle out a while ago. But this is a twist. If you knew and understood Homer's ideals. An Evil ( or understood as anti or against ) Homer's ideals was to subvert and bring to nothing those ideals of Homer.

So I thought you were part of the 'Establishment' problem. But in reality, you wish to uphold Homer's ideal's. I would change my handle, if I were you. Too easily, mis-understood.

Regards, P1 8)
Posted on 2004-10-29 09:04:52 by Pone
I don't want to make this thread a discussion of philosophy, but my belief is that the nature of evil is misunderstood - that chaos gives rise to order, and possibly that one cannot exist without the other because they define one another :) It's all in good fun, and intended to provoke :)
Posted on 2004-10-30 03:50:35 by Homer
a dangerous way of thinking, that's basically how the brothers on the left think.
Posted on 2004-10-30 19:59:29 by jack
With an absence of Evil, how would you recognize what is Good?
Posted on 2005-03-04 12:27:44 by Synfire