Qvasi what in God's name are you talking about? And just when was the last time you checked....lol

Quote:
Posts like this alone should refrain me from replying at all... I guess I can't help myself :/ but it just shocks me when people openly defend discrimination and violations to the human rights. What's worse, using the Holy Bible for that. You know, last time I checked, Jesus actually preached against all that...

he probably is talking about your objection to gay marriage and pro-choice(?)
Posted on 2004-10-28 16:57:55 by Hiroshimator
They wanted to impeach Clinton for nothing to do with his personal life. He went against congress 4 times vetoing a bill to outlaw partial birth abortion.

Ah, now I understand, Bill was trying to give Monica a partial birth abortion when sticking that cigar up her twat ;) Come on! Did Starr ask him about abortions, China or tech jobs? As far as I remember he didn't.

As for biased media I was quoting from... I'm pretty sure any given newssource can confirm the same news about the national deficit (not even fox can make those numbers look pretty) for the 380 tons of explosives here are over 600 links stating the same, and most people agree (also mrgone) is that the tax cuts went to the rich. Bottomline is that my sources are correct.

Now kerryoniraq is (see bottom of page) "Paid for by the Republican National Committee" : biased and so is heritage quoting Rush Limbaugh on this page.

Now the huge coalition of forces in Iraq where did they go? Don't they think Iraq isn't important anymore?

Countries which had troops in or supported operations in Iraq at one point but have pulled out since:
Nicaragua (Feb. 2004);
Spain (late-Apr. 2004);
Dominican Republic (early-May 2004);
Honduras (late-May 2004);
Philippines (~Jul. 19, 2004);
Thailand (late-Aug. 2004);
Singapore (Sep.04);
New Zealand (late Sep. 04).

Countries planning to withdraw from Iraq:
Poland (starting Jan.04 and completed by end.05(?));
Netherlands (Mar. 05(?)).

Countries which have reduced or are planning to reduce their troop commitment:
Ukraine (-200);
Moldova (reduced contingent to 12);
Norway (reduced from ~150 to 10 late-Jun.04, early Jul.04).

Damn... all those ignorant flip floppers... can't stay a course even if it's wrong. (source: here)

Now for this:

It's debatable if Iraq really had WMD, as much of it could have been hidden or moved out of the country or even been produced and kept somewhere else like in Libya (where a number of Iraqi scientists like Chemical Ali and Dr. Germ visited).

Whoo-hat? As far as I know we went to war because they had WMD and that Saddam had connections with Bin Laden. Could you please tell me why Iraq was more important than let's say finding the culprit behind 9/11?

And for troops being under armored.. wouldn't that be a good reason to wait for facts (UN inspections) before sending them into an completely unnecessary war?

Oh and yes, Kerry voted for the war but notice his exact quote:

...to work with the UN security council... hrm.. wasn't that the council W. blew off stating their inspection were worthless? Iraq consistently denied possessing WMD's and then W. goes around has a meeting with God telling him Saddam is lying and needs to leave his country - in 48 hours!

Blah. A couple more days to go and then we'll see ;)
Posted on 2004-10-28 18:07:49 by JimmyClif
Yes that has to be it. Thanks for pointing that out hiroshimator. Well I know I am to love my brother but I don't want certain facets or minorities to change the law. It is a complicated issue but if I may quote Jesus, "God made them male and female so that they would leave their mother and father and cleave to one another." But no matter what he may say I am his freind and he is a very sharp programmer whom I respect. I think it's great that we can express our selves in this forum thanks to you and others. Certainly tensions are high with the up coming election.
Posted on 2004-10-28 18:08:34 by mrgone
Quote:
Now the huge coalition of forces in Iraq where did they go? Don't they think Iraq isn't important anymore?

Didn't Kerry repeatedly say that terroist should be thought of as mere nuisances. See, what ever you want to here today to boost his political agenda.
Posted on 2004-10-28 18:25:41 by mrgone
How can anyone base anything on a religious text? Never analysed one of those in a historical way? Never realized the fallacies of religion?
Posted on 2004-10-28 18:26:02 by f0dder
Jack Nicholson gets my vote in this thread -- he is so funny! :lol:

{from Witches of Eastwick}

Can I ask you something? You're all church going folk. I really want to ask you something. Do you think God knew what He was doing when He created...woman?

Huh? No shit! I really want to know. Or do you think it was another one of His...minor mistakes like Earthquakes. Tidal waves. Floods!

Do you think women are like that?

(vomits again and looks around)

What's the matter? You don't think God makes mistakes? Course He does. We all make mistakes! Of course when we make mistakes they call it evil! When God makes mistakes they call it nature!

So what do you think?
Women.
A mistake?!
Or did He DO IT TO US, ON PURPOSE?

Because I really want to know! Because if it's a mistake maybe we can do something about it! Find a cure! Invent a vaccine! Build up our immune system! Get a little exercise! You know, twenty push-ups a day, and you never have to be afflicted with women, EVER AGAIN!
:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
Posted on 2004-10-28 18:34:47 by bitRAKE

Didn't Kerry repeatedly say that terroist should be thought of as mere nuisances. See, what ever you want to here today to boost his political agenda.

Back up with links please.. can't be looking for all of you guys all the time ;)

Like this is a backed up statement:

Halliburton overcharged taxpayers $61 million for gasoline. The same contract that Cheney's office coordinated called for Halliburton to provide gasoline to US forces in Iraq. A Pentagon audit found that Halliburton overcharged taxpayers by a total of $61 million.

Source: Google

or this old funny quote (not backed up):

(flip)

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

and (flop)

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Gee, the guy who trembled the US with a pair of boxcutters isn't truly important...

See, the difference is that with the non backed up statement I could have just pulled it out of my butt like Limbaugh does all the time with his statements. Backed up facts are easier on the eyes. :P
Posted on 2004-10-28 18:37:22 by JimmyClif
One last thing before I must call it a day:

IMO: The complete Gay marriage situation is such a non-issue. Come on! Who cares? Is your life going to change drastically if Joe & Bob are getting married to have visitors rights in hospitals and/or married status for taxes and/or leaving worldy possessions behind to their partner in case of death? Gee-zus.
Posted on 2004-10-28 18:49:39 by JimmyClif
How can anyone base anything on a religious text? Never analysed one of those in a historical way? Never realized the fallacies of religion?

F0dder - when you grow up in the woods with a Banjo :lol: you don't get raised to question the bible.
Posted on 2004-10-28 18:52:46 by JimmyClif
Posted on 2004-10-29 12:32:16 by mrgone
My life, is everything, that feeds my thirst - like other's sin
My wants, are all I care, no shame or guilt - there's nothing there
Look deep into my face, I sell disease, without a trace
Fear not, but I can do, unless you, want it done to you

As I climb onto your back, I will promise not to sting
I will tell you what you want to hear and not mean anything
Then I treat you like a dog, as I shoot my venom in
You pretend you didn't know, that I am a scorpion

My self, and sentiment, there's nothing else, there's never been
My dream, to be left alone, where does sadness - the madness I'm on my own
Look deep, into my soul, its black as coal - like a bullet hole
Fear not, get off your knees, there's no defense - you'll do what I please

Then I treat you like a dog, as I shoot my venom in
You pretend you didn't know, that I am a scorpion

I will treat you like a dog, as I shoot my venom in
Cuz you knew all along, I am a scorpion

My lies, to rest assure, I agonize - at nothing more
My hopes, to steal away, all that you love - I'll soon betray
Look deep, into my past, the pain I deal - is unsurpassed
I'm not, a lowly scorpion, I'm so much worse - I'm the fall of man
Posted on 2004-10-29 12:54:07 by Hiroshimator
SpookyPosted on 2004-10-29 13:18:08 by mrgone
Through division we can find the pit -
It is always found within.
Posted on 2004-10-29 14:36:33 by bitRAKE
If I thought you would read it I would tell you to read Deuteronomy chapter 28. Then you would understand why moral issues are the only thing that determines a country's success or failure. But then I'm also told by His perfect word , "Do not give that which is holy onto dogs and don't cast your perls before swine less they trample them under foot and turn again to rend you."
Posted on 2004-10-29 20:07:17 by mrgone
...there is a bible within arms reach - along with Koran, Hindu teachings, books on Buddhism, etc. Any faith that denies any people has only calculatable value. By this I mean the primary goal of those acting under it's teaching inevitably becomes a struggle to preserve itself. Throughout recorded history this fact has lead to great distruction and loss of life and cultural knowledge.

I do not always understand or agree with my brother, but always present with me is the knowledge that he and I are of the same. There is nothing my brother can do to change that. Once he put a knife to my chest and wanted to kill me. I told him that I did not want to live in a world where my brother would kill me.

So, you see -- when all the non-bible believers are dead, what then? Is that heaven? Certainly, not. The ultra believers would further come down on some sector of the population and claim that they are not true believers. It is a vicious circle of segregation - this is what is meant by division!

When you separate yourself from other humans (in any way) something is lost. To say "that is not me" is to live a lie.

Is there anyone else here who hoped that global communication would help us peel away the archiac layers to our global culture and begin to act as one again? IMHO, this action will not stem from a faith which wholesale excludes portions of the population.
Posted on 2004-10-29 23:15:01 by bitRAKE
If I thought you would read it I would tell you to read Deuteronomy chapter 28. Then you would understand why moral issues are the only thing that determines a country's success or failure. But then I'm also told by His perfect word , "Do not give that which is holy onto dogs and don't cast your perls before swine less they trample them under foot and turn again to rend you."

And what makes you not a swine? If there's one thing in which organised christians differ very much from their lord it's judgement. Quick to point the finger, quick to lay the blame, determined to mark the 'infidels'.

Jesus is a figure of love, a shining example of how one could live and let others live, organised christians only think they're bigger than Jesus. No acts, no deeds, much talking in His name but for yourselves.

Your bible actually warns against that, see Romans 14,1- for instance.
Posted on 2004-10-30 06:12:40 by Hiroshimator
Like I wasn't attacked for being a believer. Did you read the comments? They were directed at me with quotes from me. Anyway Bitrake who said you weren't a brother? You always have that choice. You need to throw away those other books and read the King James. Global communication is not the answer. Remember the tower of Bable? The family is not of this world. Corinthians II 4:4 tells you who the god of this world is. It was givin to satan by God so we could be tested. Swines are anyone who mocks God. He is real so keep your eyes on Jerusalem. Don't you see the prophesies coming true exactly as written in only the Holy Bible and none of thows other books? Open your spiritual eyes and you will see the lies melt away. Just to give an example of how our once great country whom "IN GOD WE TRUST" has fallen away, we have a church almost a stones throw away that has a big bill board out front that says "Come celebrate halloween with us." Just when you think you've seen it all.
Your right there is no seperating. It's not a cultural thing. Jesus said,"They shall come the the east and the west to sit with Abraham,Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, but those children of the kingdom shall be cast out into utter darkness and there will be weeping and nashing of teeth." There is only one true God and his word is in the holy bible. Do you remember the dead sea scrolls. They are in the dome of the rock in jerusalem and the Isaiah scroll is one of them and it is word for word precisely what is in the King James. This is true history and I will shock you once again to tell you the world is less than 6 thousand years old. Evolution is bunk and arogance of men. There is lots of truth to unvail just read it. The caliber of intellegence in this board shows the capability of everyone to understand but the true understanding comes from the heart. 911 is described to a tee in Revelations chapter 18. The time is near. Get ready.
Posted on 2004-10-30 09:51:32 by mrgone
mrgone, the world is perceptual - you can interpret anything in any way what so ever. It has been proven numerous times. If you wish to see something coming and act on that perception then so be it -- I will no doubt do the same. To only base your perception on the surface analysis of some translated text from serveral centries ago seems a bit archiac. My perception alone is not sufficient to deepen my understanding - I rely on my brother's patience and perception to see the world outside of myself. When we are able to see the world through a single interpretation we are doomed and as good as extinct. The primary struggle of the world seems to mimic my own internal struggle - which is a process of growth. To avoid this struggle is to die.

I hope I have not sounded attacking - I only wish to understand how you see the world and why. Thank you for sharing your personal experiences.
Posted on 2004-10-30 12:59:52 by bitRAKE
You know bitrake and don't get me wrong. You couln't make me hate you. I really appreciate the help that you anothers have givin' me. It's just been such a long time frustration of mine to see so many people come up with there own and other's quotes of the philosophy of life and claim they know what the Bible says but never a quote from it. Why won't they read that word that has followed them around their whole lives? The wisdon that came from the mouth of Jesus is so astounding and you see he is right at every turn. No mere man could ever see or anounce the truth like he did. To him I'm a stupid sinning slob. And I am a normal guy. I like my beer and no I don't run around preaching all the time. I just think that usually those who claim Christians are close minded never open thier hearts or minds long enough to atleast see what all the hub-bub is about. They refuse to read it.
I certainly understand that people are turned off by organized religion. You don't even want to get me started slamming these hippocritical churches. I'm of no religion I am a Christian struggling against my flesh as we all are. But Jesus cut through everthing. What brilliance and wisdom, it's indescribable. Thanks to his word I see the world differently today and it makes better sense. I remember being a kid and president John F. Kennedy got shot. My heart sunk and I knew that life was not what I thought it was gonna be. It never really made sense until I read Mathew ,Mark,Luke and John.
Posted on 2004-10-30 13:43:36 by mrgone
mrgone, likewise I would ask why you have not mentioned the other religious texts? (Some wrote before the Bible.) If you take them to heart as you have done the Bible then you would find great parallels between them. And what of those parallels - what does that mean? What has really changed here from the times of those writings? What has really changed in you from before you read them? I know you care for people and want to understand - me, too. :lol:
Posted on 2004-10-30 14:07:14 by bitRAKE