So if this is here let's go for it.

MAsmEd here:

http://hitchhikr.multimania.com/

hitch.
Posted on 2001-11-21 10:28:23 by hitchhikr
Wow! Really nice job. Looks really professional.
Thank you very much for making your program available. :grin: :alright:

The only thing I could suggest is, could it be possible to add some of the added on screen features that Ewayne added to his program. Such as his Quick code and User code bars, and Function list display? Maybe via plug ins? They can be very useful.

Again thanks. Great job!
Posted on 2001-11-23 18:01:02 by yrret
hey hitch!
great work! I really like the IDE definitely very professional indeed. I like it. :alright:

I like the Menu extension policy but ....
yes there's a "but" ... ;)

It would be nice to have the output of the "Assemble & Link" and the other cmds of the Masm32 Menu in the IDE's Status Window.

I had a file to compile not in a project, and I wanted it to be compiled and linked with the "Assemble & Link" cmd item in the masm32 menu; I knew there were errors in the module I was compiling but none of these were checked out.
I had to set "Window App" instead of "Capture Dos output" Option in the Compbo Box of the User Menu Utility to have a DOS box coming up saying there were errors int the module.

Is it possible to have errors, even from cmd items, and not only the projects one, in the IDE's Status Window?

great job indeed!!!!!!

sERpICo
Posted on 2001-12-01 10:02:19 by sERpICo
Hello hitchhikr
I installed MasmEd a few months back, proberly the first release. I think it installed ok. but it was slow loading since than i stuck with my Quickediter. But all other updates you had since than would not install on my 95 machine. Even this new one it stops at your first window. The white MASMEd opening window and i never seen anthing else. I had reinstalled my 95 to make sure it's not my machine a few times.
Posted on 2001-12-02 16:55:58 by cmax
Hi,

Sorry for my late answer but i was away (hitchhiking here and there).

The dos capture output problem have been reported by someone else so i will check it more carefully.

I'm not sure that it work on w95 Maybe the 0.33 will coz i've recoded it without any com servers (it will be out soon).

I will add an user toolbar as the prog is much more flexible now (it will requires at least ie 4.01 SP1 coz of rebar/pagers objects).

regards,
hitch.
Posted on 2001-12-14 06:26:11 by hitchhikr
can't get it to work on w2k. can't find mscomctl.ocx. don't have it. didn't come in the runtime files....any help?
Posted on 2001-12-14 20:01:18 by lackluster
I think the comctl.ocx can be found either with vbruntimes or at microsoft (or maybe in an another vb program), i've removed it after requests from users who didn't want me to mess with their registry base.

Wait for the 0.33 it's free from any ocxs.

hitch.
Posted on 2001-12-21 03:00:53 by hitchhikr
Small bug thats anoying to lazy people like me :)
.asm file association - When you double click a asm file to open it in the program, it loads but the asm file doesnt open up in it.

Love the IDE tho has a very professional feel to it. I will certainly use it =) much better replacement to quickEditor
Posted on 2001-12-31 23:07:26 by ThrawN
Maybe you should describe the problem a little bit more (what the name of the file or where is it on the harddrive ?)
(Maybe the file association is corrupted somewhere)
The forth coming 0.33 won't register asm files anymore as requested by someone (f0dder to name him).

hitch.
Posted on 2002-01-02 05:37:06 by hitchhikr
c:\documents and settings\s*****\Desktop\decompact is the folder where the asm file is usaly located, Might be a issue with the space. How about a option to associate asm files with it cause i wouldnt mind the option =)

ThrawN
Posted on 2002-01-02 07:25:32 by ThrawN
Not now i'm affraid.

I've planed to make such option with user language selections for each file extensions but for now on i've other priorities so you'll have to add the file association directly into the explorer until this lucky day, f0dder was requesting something like that too so i will be forced to do it somedays.

hitch.
Posted on 2002-01-02 08:48:10 by hitchhikr
Very NICE hitch, Though I am no fan of VB, in the RIGHT HANDS, its great. A little question on VB, can you add assembler routines to the main prog? Have never used it, so just wondered, or can you do a front-end for assembler with it?

As I test it out, I will send you feedback, just took a quick look, and liked what I saw.

Anunitu:alright:
Posted on 2002-01-02 12:11:19 by Anunitu
Adding asm code INSIDE a vb program is very tricky: officially it's not possible, the only safe way is to use own made dlls, but it can be achieved either by modifying the produced executable code in a "standard" way (which can reveal to be hard coz vb executables are somehow protected) or to add a resource containing executable code retrieved by some load resources datas vb commands then reversing byte orders then using a dll that exports a jumpfar command to execute the code (which can consists of a jmptoprocedure instructions table).
There's 2 other ways but i don't think the gate keeper of this forum (the almighty hiroshimator) would permit me to express myself about that (and i won't anyway).

Well, not really clear so in other words: no

hitch.
Posted on 2002-01-02 12:34:07 by hitchhikr
the front/end for asm u talked about is on it's way. i won't say more.

hitch.
Posted on 2002-01-02 12:36:30 by hitchhikr