A) is pushups, B) is pull-ups
in B) I think it depends on how fast you pull up - I used to make around thirty pullups really fast and a bit higher than normal if quickly done, while 25 for slower pulling
B) my record for pushups is just 50 ^^", did it on PE to get extra points for having skipped classes again.
Though, nowadays I can only make 30 to 40 pushups and 20 pullups. I'm out of shape seriously :|

comrade, from experience I know it depends a lot on weight, your biceps, and your back's muscles.
Posted on 2004-11-05 00:13:11 by Ultrano
Pull-ups with knuckles facing you is more of a upper back excercise, biceps sure help a little, but it's still the back that counts. The width of the grip makes a little difference too, the correct grip should be a little wider than the shoulders. And of course the way you keep your legs, this affects on the center point of your mass, and therefor the muscles that keep you in place. I like to keep my legs bend.

I used to do pull-ups with extra weights on the belt, but haven't done those in a while. Sometimes i still do them without the extra weights, and i think i can make like 10 with a slow tempo, but let's keep in mind that i weight 105kg.. :P
Posted on 2004-11-05 01:30:59 by Petroizki
Perfect description of pullups, Petroizki :alright: . I also make pullups with both hands very near each other, and my legs are always crossed at the ankles. This leg position keeps me in best balance while doing many exercises. Damn, I stopped doing pullups two years ago :( because school was over (the school is far from home, but and has good field equipment), and in my neighbourhood all training equipment is rusty and cuts the skin. I have some special gloves, but my fingers are always in cuts.
Posted on 2004-11-05 04:37:16 by Ultrano
push ups! :P

m.. max 10 here :P
but that is becuz i don't practice on them :)
mostly practicing on my legs (skateboarding)
Posted on 2004-11-05 05:13:35 by wizzra
wizzra :) what tricks can you do on the skateboard? I barely learnt how to ollie and it hurts almost a lot when the board hits me, so I gave up and now there are three skateboards here for me to stumble on... ouch :-D . I'm considering buying THUG2 to often break boards after falling lol
Posted on 2004-11-05 05:55:03 by Ultrano
lol ultrano!

yeah skateboarding is a pain business.
i am a new skater as well!! (month+) but i am practicing no KickFlip now, can flip it, can't land on it :)
THUG2 is a good game! very fun, though less realistic :P

don't give up!! i fall allot :)
but u can use body protective gear!
Posted on 2004-11-05 10:30:58 by wizzra