hello all :-D
im a newbie here and this is my 2nd post, anyway this question has been on my mind after i saw this amazing community.

As a newbie i see alot of options here, i mean i worked with programming before like the C language (but NOT an advanced programmer :lol: ) and i wonder, should we take asm as the same as any language, i mean learn the syntax, do alot of programming examples, read very basic books and documents? or do u suggest another method?

i see alot of very advanced topics here, and i want to be like those guys who post them!! i know it takes alot of time and dedication and im working on it, i think this is the normal method, if u have something else plz share it!

thx
Posted on 2004-11-08 20:14:16 by TylerDurden
Maybe this can help http://www.win32asmcommunity.net/phpwiki
Posted on 2004-11-08 22:20:04 by roticv
I started with the Art of Assembly book by Randy Hyde (http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/AoA/index.html). The parts on High Level Assembly (HLA) I didn't find to be as useful, since I didn't end up using it. But read the stuff on the computer architecture (mostly all of Volume II), especially if you are like I was when I discovered assembly and really had no clue what was going on inside the computer. It will give you a bit of a base to work with when trying to decipher what all the experts here try to explain in terms the rest of us can understand ;)

Be forewarned...the book is HUGE and there is lots to take in...I should probably re-read it sometime, I'm sure I've forgotten much of it :)

Also I would recommend highly Iczelion's tutorials (win32asm.cjb.net) if you want to learn the Windows API.
Posted on 2004-11-08 23:49:36 by sirchess
always my first suggestion:
http://www.drpaulcarter.com/pcasm/
Posted on 2004-11-09 00:17:00 by Drocon
wow guys thx alot
those are alot of good stuff to start with, some of the material i know but alot i still don't :wink:

thx

as for the art of assmebly book, it is great, i have it as a chm format from #bookz on irc but i think it is a little bit advanced for me at this point.

again thx!
Posted on 2004-11-09 00:48:13 by TylerDurden
TylerDurden

I have written tutorials, sample code and HelloWorld demos too.

See www.GoDevTool.com
Posted on 2004-11-09 02:11:48 by jorgon
8) Mr. Jeremy Gordon 8)
thx for ur webpage and 4 being the professional that u r, amazing information, alot to read and learn ....

thx again
Posted on 2004-11-09 08:42:27 by TylerDurden
It would be more useful for you to provide us information first, such as what do you want from ASM, do you want to learn win32asm so you can code smaller, faster programs that resemble win32 programming.
Posted on 2004-11-09 08:54:23 by Nilrem2
I would help guide you Tyler, but your avatar somewhat suggests your intensions with learning assembly language... and I don't support crackers :)
Posted on 2004-11-09 13:14:19 by SpooK
thx Nilrem2 :)
will i just wana learn asm cause i think its the best way or language to really understand whats going on, im not against HLL since i come from one, but i think some details are good to know and this is what assembly will do for me, and with all respect to any HLL, but sometimes i think hiding some info. is not as good as some people think...

as for spook :lol:
i really respect that u don't support crackers but u can't deny also that if it wernt for crackers good protection schems might never been born, and the best way to protect ur work, is to understand how others got broken, or at least to think as a cracker, i don't say its o.k to steal others work but knowing what ur up against is allways a good thing...

thx guys
Posted on 2004-11-09 18:07:02 by TylerDurden
The negative will exist like a shadow
beneath as you bask in the sun.
Be careful not to focus on it for too
long as you will get burnt.
Posted on 2004-11-10 11:25:53 by bitRAKE