Hi Ramon,

Here a few questions:

1) How can I influence the order in which windows and/or include files are assembled.
Suppose I want an include file to be assembled before an other include file?
How can I achieve it?

2) In the chess example I sent you lately, I used some macro's, using the '&' character.
I had to uncheck 'Trim middle spaces and tabs' in the Tools/Options/Editor dialog.
Otherwise the '&' would be seperated from the text before and after it, by spaces.
(As you write in help files it can also be done by F12 before leaving the line)
After I had finished the macro's I checked 'Trim middle spaces and tabs' again.
Later on in the program I unchecked it again for some reason, and forgot to check it immediately
after its reason had passed, so I produced some code lines, whithout spaces being added.
When I wanted to correct this by choosing from the menu: Tools/Correct syntax Window1, the
spaces were added, but also in my macro's, which I didn't wanted to.
Is there a work around, besides manually adding the spaces?

3) In Visual Basic ther is apart from the tabstrip a multipage control.
Every window in the multipage can have its own layout. How do I create it in EasyCode?

Friendly regards,
mdevries.
Posted on 2004-11-15 17:37:17 by mdevries
Hi medvries,

1) Select the desired include or library file in the Project explorer and right click on it so that the context menu appears. Then you will find two options allowing you to move the selected file up and down. Include and library files will be assembled in the order they appear in the Project explorer.

2) When you choose menu: Tools/Correct syntax <WindowName>, it corrects syntax in the Easy Code mode (adding a space after '&' character too) for all lines being inside the window or module. Options for correcting syntax are ignored as all text is suposed to be corrected. Those options are only taken into account when typing text and they can be configurable as some people do not like adding any other text that they write.

3) I supose you mean the 'Microsoft Tabbed dialog control' which is an ActiveX control (TBCTL32.ocx) included in Service Pack 6 (I think) for Windows, but it is not the tab control include with Common controls. What you can do is to create a Group control for each tab. Inside the Group you put all controls needed for that particular tab. Then you 'Bring to top' the Group you want to work with. At run time, you have to make visible/unvisible all Group controls except the one corresponding to the tab which is switched.

Best regards,

rsala
Posted on 2004-11-16 04:48:46 by rsala
Hi Ramon,

Thank you for your answers.
I think I can live with that.

Regards,
mdevries
Posted on 2004-11-16 16:28:02 by mdevries