Hi guys,
I have written a tiny app in MASM32 to patch files. I have almost completed the work, but I have one final issue I cannot resolve - flicker! The reason for it is that I am calling SetWindowRgn within a timer to rotate my dialog.

I have tried playing with all the usual suspects - WM_ERASEBACKGRND, WS_CLIPCHILDREN, altering the update region, stopping SetWindowRgn firing WM_PAINT internally etc etc to no avail, and TBH, I'm tearing my hair out. I haven't used a backbuffer because of the annoying code to get the standard dialog objects to be drawn to my backbuffer. I would prefer not to use this technique if at all possible due to the increased code overhead. Interestingly, if you drag the dialog with the left mouse (anywhere on the dialog, as I'm using the HT_CAPTION trick), the flickering goes away. Anyway, for anyone interested in taking a look, you can find the source and exe here : http://www.mametrix.co.uk/dloads/minip.rar

Any suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks for your time. ;)
Posted on 2004-12-12 22:23:13 by StatMat
A patcher with music, graphics + rotation, and the word "crack" appearing multiple times in the source? Tsk tsk ;)
Posted on 2004-12-13 02:51:07 by f0dder
Yes, I guess this is a little suspect. But anyway, it's an experiment, honest! :lol:
Posted on 2004-12-13 03:04:33 by StatMat