As I promised some weeks ago - there will be such thing and right now I'm working on it . Maybe a week or two from now the project will be finished and in a such state so it will be usable for the end user. Then I'll be contacting KetilO and publishing the source for it. Until then it's very important for me to hear and see fresh, new ideas, wishes and so on. I'll put them on my to-do list and implement them as needed. I warn from now that this project is far from perfect - it still contains lots of bugs and misses a lot functionality, but through the time I hope with your help it will be improved. As a start point it'll be good for me to read some tutor or document on the add-in system in RadASM. The program in its very first versions will be standalone and in the time while I'll be improving it I'll do my best to interact it in the best way with RadASM. This is the news for now - any questions, answers, tips, tricks, wishes, ideas are welcome at: siddhartha@dhit.cn

/siddhartha
Posted on 2004-12-14 04:38:43 by siddhartha
I think that my add-in is stable now with some minor exceptions in some cases. I've post it as soon as I remove all the bugs I can find. Here is a problem I faced today: I invoke CreteFile - open existing, create file mapping and after that create a map view of the file. I close the handle to the file I've opened. After that I create an empty file in wich I want to put the first file through WriteFile,hTmp,hMapView... etc. where hTmp is the new empty file and hMapView is the memory mapped file. On some occasions it doesn't write anything to the new empty file. When invoking GetLastError and FormatMessage, I receive "The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation." Can anybody tell me what the heck is that and why this problem appears on very few files. Another thing to consider is that it happens everytime on these definite files. Any suggestions are welcome and would be greatly appreciated!

/siddhartha
Posted on 2004-12-20 05:22:47 by siddhartha
Hi siddhartha

Sounds like a great project.

When reading the docs on file mapping the file handle must not be used in any read / write operations. This probably means the file handle has to be kept open.

KetilO
Posted on 2004-12-20 06:43:30 by KetilO
I've got to check this out. Not right now because I'm at school. I have implemented most of the basic functions, but I haven't even thought about recursively including whole directories in the installation package. It will be great if anybody knows how to get a bunch of directory names and recursively read all the files from them. Peace!

/siddhartha
Posted on 2004-12-20 07:27:03 by siddhartha
Hi siddhartha

There is an example on my website, TreeViewDir.

KetilO
Posted on 2004-12-20 07:43:18 by KetilO