hi KetilO,

mabye you know how to fix this problem,
i have updated my version to the latest RadASM 2.1.0.5 and updated recently my system OS to WinXP.

my built exe from radasm used to work on latest version and Win2000.
but now every time i compile (it compiles with no errors) and run i get the below results..



do you know why?
Posted on 2004-12-14 14:23:30 by wizzra
Hi

Did you set any link options that modifies the PE header?

KetilO
Posted on 2004-12-14 15:22:34 by KetilO
hi KetilO,

no i haven't made any changes to my project settings since i started my project, it always worked for me no matter what version i updated.

now another bug, this time when i load RadASM.exe it crashes with:

Module name: ntdll.dll (RadASM version 2.1.0.5)

Windows XP Service Pack 1
Exception code: C0000005h
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Instruction pointer: 77F83905h

Registers:
eax=00000000h ebx=00150000h ecx=00000000h
edx=0019B000h esi=0019C000h edi=0019B000h
ebp=0011D258h esp=0011D24Ch eip=77F83905h

Segment registers:
CS=001Bh DS=0023h SS=0023h
ES=0023h FS=003Bh GS=0000h
Flags: PF ZF IF
Flags: PF ZF IF
F3h SS=0023h
ES=0023h FS=003Bh GS=0000h


Stack:
00150000 00000001 00150002 0011D290
77F576E5 00150000 0019C000 0011D284
00000000 00000009 00150168 00150000
0011D202 00150000 00000400 00150640
Posted on 2004-12-14 15:30:12 by wizzra
Can't find anything wrong here. Try a complete new install of RadASM. If that does not work, try to remove all addins from RadASM.ini

KetilO
Posted on 2004-12-14 16:22:56 by KetilO
hi,

fresh install did fix the second bug,
but the created exe by radasm is stil not Runable. (see my first posted pic)

what the heck is going on :? :? :? :?
Posted on 2004-12-14 23:39:30 by wizzra
Hi

Can you post the link command.

KetilO
Posted on 2004-12-15 05:22:14 by KetilO
sure,
i will do that when i am back from work.
but you can also see it in the pic.
some link properties showen.
Posted on 2004-12-15 06:20:43 by wizzra
Hi KetilO,

here is my project options:

Release:
Assemble: 3,O,$B\ML.EXE /c /coff /Cp /nologo /I"$I",2
Link: 5,O,$B\LINK.EXE /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /RELEASE /VERSION:4.0 /LIBPATH:"$L",3,4
Run: 0,0,,5
Asm Module:*.obj,O,$B\ML.EXE /c /coff /Cp /nologo /I"$I",*.asm


debug
Assemble:3,O,$B\ML.EXE /c /coff /Cp /nologo /I"$I",2
Link:5,O,$B\LINK.EXE /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DEBUG /VERSION:4.0 /LIBPATH:"$L",3,4
Asm Module:*.obj,O,$B\ML.EXE /c /coff /Cp /nologo /I"$I",*.asm

i use Masm 8.0

i also ran my project on WinASM Studio, it compiles, and run fine.
it seems there is a bug in the latest RadASM
Posted on 2004-12-15 12:08:49 by wizzra
Hi

Everything seem Ok. Could you e-mail me your project?

KetilO
Posted on 2004-12-15 14:16:56 by KetilO
Hi KetilO,
sure..
Posted on 2004-12-15 14:25:43 by wizzra
Hi

Thanks for the source. I am missing the macros, so I am not able to assemble.
Could you email me the macros also.

KetilO
Posted on 2004-12-15 16:23:03 by KetilO
KetilO & wizzra,

That same thing happened to me today.

I was working on a masm project on a WinXP home SP2 box with RadAsm 2.1.0.4 at a customer site, I zipped the entire projects directory and took it home to test it on my Win 95 box with RadAsm 2.1.0.1 I unzipped it over an existing directory. I've done this a hundred times; always worked in the past!

When I did my Build or Go command the same error wizzra got, pops up. OllyDbg won't load the program for the same reason. PEDump runs and from my little experience, everything looks normal. I was also able to use the "Disassemble an exe" from within hutch--'s QEditor, and again everything runs and the output looks normal.

I'll continue trying to figure out what is goin on.

wizzra, what OS are you using?

farrier

I just upgraded my Win95 box to a clean install of RadAsm 2.1.0.5 and the same thing happens, so it appears to be in the projects files.

I also ram the files thru QEditor and compiled and received the same error, so know I'm really confused.
f.
Posted on 2004-12-15 22:29:36 by farrier
Hi,

Just wanted to help:

use /INCREMENTAL:NO in your link command line

Regards,

Antonis
Posted on 2004-12-16 00:09:20 by akyprian
KetilO,

the macros i use are hutch's MASM 8 macros.
it can be found in this sp for masm8:
http://www.masmforum.com/website/masm32/v82sp1a.zip

filename: macros.asm

farrier,

Windows XP SP1.
it is a error in RadASM, it seems to badly link it against ML.EXE/LINK.EXE

WinASM Studio as i said compiles & run with no problem, same linking options as in my radasm project.

-Wizzra
Posted on 2004-12-16 01:16:47 by wizzra
Hi wizzra

Look at your resource file. It contains a xp-manifest. This manifest file is probably corrupt and is the cause of your problems.

Change your link command from:

5,O,$B\LINK.EXE /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /RELEASE /VERSION:4.0 /LIBPATH:"$L",3,4

To:

5,O,$B\LINK.EXE /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /RELEASE /VERSION:4.0 /LIBPATH:"$L",3

And the problem should be gone.

KetilO
Posted on 2004-12-16 02:55:37 by KetilO
Hi,
cool, thank you very much!!
Posted on 2004-12-16 03:47:34 by wizzra