I added a few things to WinExplorer, it is a fairly good, though a little large, example of some file and shell related functions. It's kind of a pet project of mine that I keep adding to all the time as it helps me test ideas. This time I have added a properties function to the right click menu and "Open target folder". The prog and GoAsm source is available for direct download only here
Posted on 2004-12-27 10:05:58 by donkey
I have modified my IContextMenu example to add a context menu item for WinExplorer, with it you can open a folder in WinExplorer directly from Explorer. It is included in the WinExplorer zip file on my website. Note that you will have to delete the WinExplorer registry entries and run WinExplorer at least once without the context menu to set up the reg entries it needs in order to find the executable. Any older versions will not run with the context menu.

Donkey
Posted on 2007-11-24 18:10:36 by donkey
bad link
Posted on 2007-11-24 19:42:00 by vid
Hey Vid,

The link works ok from here. You can go to my site and get it from GoAsm projects as well.

Donkey
Posted on 2007-11-25 07:42:56 by donkey
works for me again. quess it was some local DNS problem.
Posted on 2007-11-25 09:40:42 by vid
navigation on tree with keyboard is terrible - some folders are auto-opened just by going to them with cursor.

and it is buggy. after a short while, i am unable to open any more folded subtrees. i can only close opened ones.
Posted on 2007-11-25 09:48:55 by vid
Auto-opening of folders is by design, it is the way I prefer it.

I haven't had this problem, that said this is only a test bed (as it says in the readme file and on the website) so there are bound to be some problems, it is used to test some ideas and code not really for any applied usage.
Posted on 2007-11-25 10:38:52 by donkey
Everything looks very good to me. Nice job. One thing though: as vid mentioned, the treeview navigation is not good! In my opinion, you should not expand the folder when the folder is just selected. Traditionally, I believe, these are the navigation keys on a treeview in MS Windows:

Up Arrow = Move up in the tree
Down Arrow = Move down in the tree
Right Arrow = Expand the current branch
Left Arrow = Collapse the current branch

But apart from the tree-view, everything else seems pretty cool. Keep up the good work.
Posted on 2007-11-25 10:40:58 by XCHG
I will look at changing the KB navigation for the treeview, not something I really thought about since I use a mouse only and prefer the auto-open folders. I will probably add it as an option in the options window.
Posted on 2007-11-25 11:01:01 by donkey
OK, the treeview can now be set to classic navigation by checking that option in the Options Dialog (alt-o). Haven't tested this extensively but it should work fine as I just jump over the expansion section of the worker thread if the flag is set. New upload to my website...

Donkey
Posted on 2007-11-26 18:17:12 by donkey