Hi guys, I just upgraded from a Duron 1.3Ghz to an AthlonXP 1900+ (ya I know the old Palomino core). Still a big perf increase. Anyways I'm having a problem with my 5.1 and EAX in Call of Duty(no patches). When I enable EAX the game slows down considerably, with the "Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio" engine the XP 1900+ blows my 1.3 out of the water, but with EAX enabled the games run at the same slow speed!! I'm not sure why this is happening, is my XP 1900+ too slow to run Call of Duty with EAX enabled? Or is it the Live! 5.1? I have 512MB of DDR266 ram.
Posted on 2005-01-08 13:43:08 by x86asm
Dunno what your particular problem is, but I've had a lot of trouble with EAX... sometimes it's been because of the drivers (either some system/chipset drivers, or the sound drivers - creative sucks :( ), and sometimes it has been bad programming on the the side of the game. It was especially bad when I had a SBLIVE card, after I got an Audigy things seem to work pretty okay.

I know this post doesn't help you resolve the problem, but at least you know you're not the only one. Dungeon Siege would crash my Athlon700/SBLIVE when I had EAX on... runs well on my P4/Audigy, though :)
Posted on 2005-01-08 13:59:49 by f0dder
Dunno what your particular problem is, but I've had a lot of trouble with EAX... sometimes it's been because of the drivers (either some system/chipset drivers, or the sound drivers - creative sucks :( ), and sometimes it has been bad programming on the the side of the game. It was especially bad when I had a SBLIVE card, after I got an Audigy things seem to work pretty okay.

I know this post doesn't help you resolve the problem, but at least you know you're not the only one. Dungeon Siege would crash my Athlon700/SBLIVE when I had EAX on... runs well on my P4/Audigy, though :)

Damn it lol, something was telling me to scrape up extra cash for an Audigy. Its good enough to know I'm not alone though!
Posted on 2005-01-08 14:18:30 by x86asm