hi Arlequin and everyone !

Hope you had fun in the last days...

OK, let's now come again to our topic :
my last error was quickly corrected (I guess I was a bit tired :oops: ), and after having been compiled, icons.exe actually brings changes to calc, but...
this is what happens :

icons.exe does not subsitute the icon of calc by the one from Winmine, but instead of this adds another icon into the resource of calc, with the same icon #. That is : if I check after the operation, I see two icons with #1 (?), and of course, calc continues to use its own one, which continues to be displayed by the Explorer namely...

This makes me think about what I did not until now : I work under Win2K Server, and perheaps don't you... in such case, maybe from there comes the difference between our results.

Did you actually change the icon of calc in such way that your Explorer displays it ?
Under what OS do you work ?

until soon,

Juan.
Posted on 2005-01-10 07:25:38 by Juan
Hi All,

icons.exe does not subsitute the icon of calc by the one from Winmine, but instead of this adds another icon into the resource of calc

UpdateResource can add, deletes, or replaces a resource in an executable file. In your case, I suppose that winmine.exe language id is different from calc.exe then EndUpdateResource will add a new icon rather than to replace it. Please, control that with Resource Hacker. Open calc.exe and expand 'Icon Group' and the subdir. You'll see a number, the langid. Mine is 1036 because my OS language is french but you can find 1033 for US or any other number that represents a language. Do you remember MAKELANGID ? This macro makes this number. Now, compare winmine and calc, their langid must be identical.

I work under Win2K Server, and perheaps don't you... in such case, maybe from there comes the difference between our results.

I don't believe it, but I can be wrong.

Did you actually change the icon of calc in such way that your Explorer displays it ?

Yes, I did and it works.

Under what OS do you work ?

I work with XP

Bon, je suis crev?, je vais me coucher, salut. A+
Posted on 2005-01-10 17:54:42 by arlequin