Hi experts,
I recently looking to tune some of my programs written with Visual Studio in C++ running on windowsXP with Pentium processor. I would like to be able to determine the cache size with the intel CPUID and dynamically adjusting the memory usage in the algorithm.

The problem is that I do not know how to run asm in C++ with visual studio.

Is there any tutorial I can read to find out how to do that? And also tips on getting the cache size information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Posted on 2005-01-19 21:36:57 by ychanus
There's two ways to use asm and C together - the first is using external modules (which I usually prefer), the second is to use inline assembly. Have a look at http://www.win32asmcommunity.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=6670 , there should be some answers there - if not, we'll answer questions here, and the FAQ should be updated.
Posted on 2005-01-20 00:08:33 by f0dder
I checked the faq, but it seems that every link is broken :cry:
Posted on 2005-01-20 05:06:44 by Cthulhu
Oh - we'll probably have to have hiroshimator look at that, then.

What do you want help with? Inline assembly, or linking with external assembly modules?
Posted on 2005-01-20 07:22:23 by f0dder
I fixed the links on that page, all of them seem to open up to the right thread. If the content of the thread has changed (i.e. used to be an included tutorial file to download), then report the post so it can be easily brought to our attention. Thanks. -SpooK
Posted on 2005-01-20 08:17:51 by SpooK