Hi I just recently upgraded to an XP 1900+ in my ECS K7S5A (rev 5.0) it was running perfectly until about now. I experience times in which my system just resets itself while I'm working on my lab reports for school :evil: !! Next tinme I will use my 450Mhz. Anyway I believe it is because of a drop in my CPU core voltage. This CPU is rated to run at 1.75V, but on avg it stays around 1.73V and ocassionally dips down to 1.71V, could it be my PSU causing this problem? I believe most mobos use the +12V rail to get CPU voltage. but my +12V rail is at 12.74 :S. Any insight?
Posted on 2005-01-25 20:08:32 by x86asm
hum... strange
i have a 2000+ and and dont have this kind of prob..
u upgraded from a 450mhz ? mobo and power supply are still the same ?
a XP 1900+ can needs a good supply (and a asus or msi mobo) to be stable, check your power supply, maybe a 400+ w should be good enough for it, another thing is a bad processor..... is it original ?
i had a xp 1900+ too... but it was VERY unstable, it didnt take too long to burn up :( so now i have a 2000+ with same mobo and power supply and it works fine :)
Posted on 2005-01-25 20:19:43 by GR33d
hum... strange
i have a 2000+ and and dont have this kind of prob..
u upgraded from a 450mhz ? mobo and power supply are still the same ?
a XP 1900+ can needs a good supply (and a asus or msi mobo) to be stable, check your power supply, maybe a 400+ w should be good enough for it, another thing is a bad processor..... is it original ?
i had a xp 1900+ too... but it was VERY unstable, it didnt take too long to burn up :( so now i have a 2000+ with same mobo and power supply and it works fine :)

I upgraded from a Morgan core Duron 1.3Ghz. The 450 is my secondary machine (sorry I should have mentioned that!). It is an original chip got it from a trade, check the markings on the core, the chip was practically new when I got it. I popped it in and it was perfectly stable! IT only started acting up today lol. I have a 300W :(, but even with that I was able to do the same things before without this! It seems to have subsided now, but I'll have to do some more testing.
Posted on 2005-01-25 20:45:41 by x86asm