Not everyone here has the time, dedication and/or money to indulge themselves in MIT-like educations. This forum is to help bridge the gap between little-to-no understanding and having a better understanding in the theories of electronics. Even if that understanding is somewhat misguided or not perfectly correct, it is better than nothing and it leads to greater understanding.

I rather enjoyed reading NaN's theory postings, but all that was ruined along time ago. I haven't spoken up or done anything about this because I thought in time people would learn to grow up. All I have really seen in the last 2 years is the few belittling people based on their understanding's and alienating the many.

If this post has not already made itself subtly clear like the smug responses of a few select members, then I will spell it out for you simply and plainly. The bickering, belittling, alienating and blatent elitism will no longer be tolerated. -SpooK
Posted on 2005-01-31 13:49:31 by SpooK
You said "bridge" and "gap" - doesn't that have something to do with an RC network? :lol:
Posted on 2005-01-31 18:45:03 by bitRAKE
The needs of the many...
Hey, how about an elitist sub-forum? Keep the elitism isolated from the real and practical theory, while still allowing the elitists a forum to correct and belittle each other, and a window into that process for anyone else crazy enough to want to observe it. Sounds like madness, but it just might work.
Posted on 2005-01-31 21:22:24 by gluespill
Probably not a bad idea gluespill. I'll look into it ;)
Posted on 2005-02-01 02:07:14 by SpooK
Actually, we already have a forum for the hopelessly pedantic....

THIS IS THAT FORUM.

gluespill, welcome to the board. You seem like a knowedgable helpfull fellow. I'm sorry you stumbled into here and re-opened some cans of worms.

Please feel free to use the Electronics section for reasonable people with resonable questions.

The rest of us left this sub-forum after the poop picker starting picking a peck of poop.
Posted on 2005-02-04 13:02:11 by Ernie
You said "bridge" and "gap" - doesn't that have something to do with an RC network? :lol:
Posted on 2005-02-08 21:14:58 by x86asm
I dont know guys, these people are very knowledgable and frankly I'm glad they even bothered taking their time to inform me about their knowledge cause I have learned a lot. I can safely say without this particular forum I may not have been able to build my Z80 system by now. (1 source for all the info you need)
Posted on 2005-02-08 21:18:24 by x86asm
That?s great to hear. Really.

For some reason, professional disciplines tend to draw clear dividing boundary between hardware and software. Personally i think this is like cutting off your left arm because your right handed. Back in the day (70's) there was only one type of programmer ~ the person who built the machine. That?s why I was very eager to 'bridge' the 'gap' with those tutorials, as we are well aware most in not all can program asm around here ;) .

I paid an ignorant amount of money for a university paper that proved 90% of what I already knew from an amazing college degree (one that has all be been dismantled at this point because it was "too challenging"). I?m just happy that I?m able to spread a bit of this experience around for free. It?s worth knowing if your serious about computers and assembly alike.

Regards,
:NaN:
Posted on 2005-02-14 21:36:54 by NaN