We have reached what we feel is another mile stone in the OA32 progress. There has been improvements and expansion of the project, as well as additional work has been invested in this release to reinforce the work already done; Namely more simple and direct tutorials.

Below is a list of some of the features:
    [*]Works with Hutch's MASM32 Package
    [*]Supported by RadASM version 2.1.0.7 or greater.
    [*]Model improvements and extensions.
    [*]Static object implementation.
    [*]New debugging features and a new debug console.
    [*]COM aggregation supported.
    [*]COM OCX demo application.
    [*]DirectX support and demo application.
    [*]Translation of Iczelion tutorials 3 - 11.
    [*]More projects.
    [*]...and much more in this new release!

We welcome your feedback. If your new to this project, simply download it and check out the Demo's or the Nan_Tuts. The Nan_Tuts were deliberately desigend to reflect each of Iczelion's famous tutorials. Since most if not all of you are familiar with these tutorials, it was my hope that it would help sever as a basis to teach the Object Orientated approach to the same problem in each tutorial. I didnt copy the origional tutorials, so I leave it to you review Iczelions' work from his many sites. However, I did make a large effort to ensure my equivalent demos are well commented.

Please provide your feed back, good or bad.

You can get the download at the following site:ObjAsm32 Home Page

Please let us know if the bandwidth gets chewed up. We will make additional provisions to offer the package in this case.

Best Regards and have fun!
    :alright:
    :NaN:
Posted on 2005-02-09 18:12:43 by NaN
You can get the download at the following site:ObjAsm32 Home Page

really?
limited download.
Posted on 2005-02-09 21:29:35 by dcskm4200
I dont really follow what your getting at here... the download is still working fine? :?
Posted on 2005-02-09 22:18:10 by NaN
Thanks your respond.
good production.

"repository"="download"
I don't know "repository" is downloading. since i find it other subject.

regards
Posted on 2005-02-09 23:17:32 by dcskm4200
Ah, now I see your point!

Yes, I should have mentioned to choose the 'Repository' button on the web page to find the downloads.

Regards,
Posted on 2005-02-12 01:53:49 by NaN
aaahhh... my brain is hurting...

It looks impressive, still going through it.
Posted on 2005-02-13 06:50:17 by drarem
Since I assume people are still digesting things at this point, I will blabber some what freely about finer details in the package:

Im sure there is some concern for file size and how the whole thing works off of prewritten source in the CODE\Objects directory. So heres the scoop:

All existing objects are written the same way as your own concieved objects would (naturally). When enough testing/optimizing/debugging is carried out the object is compiled into a LIB, and placed in the CODE\LIB directory. The source that produced the LIB is then placed in the CODE\Objects directory. To compile your own objects into lib's it takes two steps: Build an ASM file that defines any dependancies; Run the OA32Tool.exe under COMPILE -> OBJECT and select your ASM file from the previous step. The program will assemble, generate a LIB, and copy the LIB to the LIB directory.

Our 'good practice' standard is to define all objects as an .INC file, while supporting files (depency definitions etc) are .ASM files. In the CODE\Objects directory you will find an ASM and INC for each prewritten object. The ASMs are only there to support the generation of LIBs. Its worth peeking in there to see what im taking about.

Thats how you can make a lib out of your object source, so now I should blabber a bit on how it gets used.

When your writing your own program and which to use prewritten objects in the CODE\OBJECTS directory you have two ways of including them into your source. Either as an INCLUDE before assembly, or as a LIB after assembly. If you choose to include before assembly, that object and all inherited objects from it will be assembled with your source (this leads longer assembly times). The better way is to include it as a LIB after assembly. The option is provided mainly to work out bugs in sources already committed to a LIB (Bugs happen ;) ). To save the headache of tweek and regenerate a lib, you can simply switch the source to always include the object (and its tweeks) for assembly until you get the bug fixed. Then recompile the lib and switch back to linking to it.

The two switches are:

"MakeObjects" --> Include and Assemble on the fly
"LoadObjects" --> Link prebuilt library object after assembly.

Objects that have not been committed to a LIB (say your own new creation) must always be included by MakeObject (for obvious reasons).

The only thing i have left out at this point is the how you write your object such that is can be switched between each means of adding it to your project. You will notice in the prewritten objects (INC's) there is two parts to evey object. The Ojbect definition at the top, and the Object methods that follows. In between these two parts is a compiler switch "IF IMPLEMENT / ENDIF" that encompased all the Methods. This is 100% required if you intend to generate a LIB from your object source. When the source is included into your project via MakeObjects, the IMPLEMENT field is set to TRUE such that the methods will be included and assembled. If you utilize the LoadObjects, the IMPLEMENT field is set to false and only the header defining the details of the object is included in the source.

Well i think thats enough for now. There is really no other big surprises other than this. Unfortunately we are extremely short staffed to be writting the needed help files on every aspect of the package. IMO, this should have been included but for xyz reasons, it didnt make it.

Anyways, enjoy and ask questions. I would be happy to help interested people learn to write there own objects, or add further explaination to existing sources.

Best Regards,
:alright:
Posted on 2005-02-13 13:52:37 by NaN