Vom-bonjour,

The 6.15 version of ML.EXE is only available in the VC processor pack so I cannot distribute it in the same way as 6.14 which is licenced differently.

It is no great loss as 6.14 does almost everything that 6.15 does, the difference is a few data types for SIMD. Anyone who wants the later version can get it by upgrading their version of VC with the processor pack. If they don't want to install it into VC, they can open the processor pack with WINRAR and extract the file seperately.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2001-11-29 14:42:04 by hutch--
the link doesn't work, i mean the page does not show up. any other links?
Posted on 2001-12-03 04:34:23 by lukas
Where can I get smaller libs from? I took hutch's masm32v7, and then gutted it to be smaller :) Also, I dont need to use much of that stuff yet since i'm still learning..

:( microsoft platform sdk site is down again, so i cant get the documentation, and.. i think thats where the libs would be? oh well, current libs are fine for now, and i can use microsofts online documentation... ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/library )
Posted on 2001-12-07 20:53:16 by matthew
i can never get qeditor to work properly on w2k. anytime i compile something it gives an error : cannot open file c:\documents.asm

so f0dder since you use w2k was wondering what settings you changed to make it work for you.
Posted on 2001-12-10 09:25:54 by smurf
I stopped using qeditor, smurf :). It lacks a few features I like for
a build environment (tabs, syntax coloring, ...). Some of the build
problems (source on different partition than MASM32 install, space
in paths, etc) might be ameliorated by editing the various .bat files
in \masm32\bin. I currently use editplus for small projects, visual
studio for larger projects, and hitchikers masmed for asm-only projects.
Posted on 2001-12-10 09:33:45 by f0dder
Smurf,

About the only problem I can see is if you are in a different directory when you try and do the build. Normally if you set your version of explorer or file manager with file extensions set to ASM for qeditor, it will start the asm file from either and it will have the correct current directory.

Just to test if this is the problem, use the option on the file menu to set the current directory and set it to the directory where the file you are building is located.

f0dder,

The system uses the standard DOS path and file naming conventions so if you want it to work across drives, you simply set the absolute path for the tools and includes and libraries and it will work anywhere on the machine.

I am not burdened by what editor you use and MASM32 was designed for programmer to choose their own editors once they got used to how the system works but understand the difference in what you are doing, dos paths and files work to a historic convention that still works correctly across many different versions of windows.

If you are interested in doing it the large scale way, have a look at the ALTBUILD example in the example code, it is the basic mechanics of project managers, environment setting done in a safe and reliable way and response files to handle the command line limit of both ML and LINK.

All you need to add to this method is automatically building libraries specific to the project and you will have made the big time.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2001-12-11 16:29:20 by hutch--
Long hours at asm are eased with colored text - I can do without it, but why?
RadASM, rocks!

Hutch--, why are there zip files in some of the example folders with different versions of the various examples? Your comment about ALTBUILD must be a joke - that is too much trouble compared to NMAKE. :) Congrats on the next installment of this great resource!
Posted on 2001-12-12 23:48:20 by bitRAKE