I've been loking into programs wich allow you to run old games on new fast machines. From what i gather ny doing som simple research is that the only thing they do is to execute Suspend-/ResumeThread on that specific process. This apperantly works but is this actually the only way todo such a thing? because i would think that this way will hurt the operating system. Wont it cause a lot of switching and stress for the system? If someone got another idea or knows how if this can hurt the system or not please dont hesitate to reply. ;)

jNz
Posted on 2005-03-23 02:53:51 by jNz
I can't see why the suspend/resumethread method would "hurt" the system, and it seems like an okay way of doing it...
Posted on 2005-03-24 09:25:04 by f0dder
Woulndt it mess with the system thread scheduler (cause stress)? I just thought that when you suspend/resume the X number of times wich are required to ex. to only allow a process to use 40% of the cpu. But there are however problems by doing this. Dont know the exact reason but several programs crashes when they are exposed to this method after a while.
Posted on 2005-03-24 09:51:03 by jNz