Hi dcskm4200

I am not able to get this AlexMenu problem so I don't know if it works now.

Also Font Builder and Project Zipper addins are ready for translations.

KetilO
Posted on 2005-04-02 13:39:30 by KetilO
Hi Biterider

1. Yes it is annoying but I cant find any easy solution. Suggestions welcome.
2. Should be solved now.
3. Why???

KetilO
Posted on 2005-04-02 13:43:06 by KetilO
Hi all

New upload to the link at the top of this thread.

o Added AutoScrpll property to combobox
o Added MultiLine property to button, checkbox and radiobutton
o Added posibility to get style bit description from RadASM.ini.
o RadASM on Win 95,98 and Me works again (no language file support)

KetilO
Posted on 2005-04-02 13:47:48 by KetilO
Hi KetilO
I think that one approach could be:
- Copy the destination file (.exe, .dll, .ocx, etc) to a fantasy name in the temp directory. This is valid even if you have a running instance.
- Try to delete the running instance.
- If this was successful, proceed with the compilation.
- If not, alert the user.
- If the compilation fails, move the file from the temp directory and rename it to the original name.

About the "hide on run option", I think it is a feature that falls in the category "nice to have"?  8)
Imagine the following situation: you have prepared some apps on the desktop to test your project, i.e. some source files to test the new drag and drop capabilities of your program. Each time you run it, you have to minimize RadASM to get access to the windows that are running behind it. If we would have an option that can be activated somewhere, which minimizes the IDE after a successful compilation, this step vanishes. This is especially in systems with only one monitor!

While using the IDE, I saw an incorrect behave of the scrollbars of the MDI client when the childs are not maximized. I could not reproduce it jet, but as soon as I can describe it correctly I will inform you...  ;)

Regards,

Biterider

Posted on 2005-04-03 00:08:37 by Biterider
Hi Biterider

Your suggestion would not work in a multiuser network.
I will simply attempt to delete the exe / dll file.

"hide on run option", This is a typical task for an addin. Anybody have the time?

KetilO
Posted on 2005-04-03 05:39:30 by KetilO
Hi KetilO
Can you explain what you mean with multiuser network?
If you have many instances of an exe running in different desktops, the this approach doesn't work, but you can't also recompile it... Perhaps I don't understand your point  :oops:

Biterider
Posted on 2005-04-03 06:13:38 by Biterider
Hi Biterider

Attempting to rename the file to a local temp directory will only work if the instance is running on your computer.
Simply attemting to delete the file will always work. I have made a new upload so you can try it out.

Ketilo
Posted on 2005-04-03 07:24:59 by KetilO
Hi KetilO
I have tested your addition to prevent the compilation of running instances. In a stand alone box it works correctly, but as you have said, in a network it behaves in the old way. At least, for the first case, we have got a step forward.  :)
Regards,

Biterider
Posted on 2005-04-04 04:36:14 by Biterider