Hi fellows,

Well let me say, Just the fact: We use Linux Live CDs in everyday and or some persons use the LiveCD OSs at least one session per month because of any nessessary work such as Hard disk partitioning or manipulating the LAN or Internet. Yup, the Linux LiveCDs are the best choice when it comes to handle Hardware, LAN, Servers, & Terminal Servers maybe still we know the CDs never hold the much even stuff that we wanna have in a single Live CD. Well for me dudes, I have MandrakeMove, Knoppix, Mepis, Gnoppix, Suse and from them I mostly use Knoppix as it has the best stuff which any programmer and the Server/Client Administrators need. Still if we peep into the Linux LiveCD System, even these CDs may most of the times when they access the SW and any media that is retained by the primary LiveCD itself, the things usually are first extracted from the LiveCDs and then come into the Internal Proccessing Space of the Primary System. According to myself and many more others as well, we know many of the users even have a DVD-RW drive those are becoming cheaper and now sometimes even cheaper to buy than even a Thumb Drives, cannot we compile LiveLinux DVDs that may contain most of the SW either in compressed form or in an uncompressed open state thus far away extending the Linux Live Operating Systems so that there can be no need to install Linux on the Hard Drive any time in whole year from Jan to Dec. Yup its a fact that if we can have LiveKnoppix DVD-Ex (Extended) or some sort of SW, we can have anything inside the DVD such as pre-installed Java2 SDK, Messangers, Great Games, Programming, KDE, GNome and all the major and minor stuff available today for Linux System. But I guess LiveLinux DVD-Ex. may require an at least expence of fast DVD reads and spefically major RAM usage in fact.

These days Linuxes are extremely hot coming out from the Internet into the media and its the matter of fact, the most of the Linuxes are the hot latest chipped up Linux LiveCDs in the PC Quest, Linux For U, Digit / Chip Magazines not matters who brings up Linux Live Systems to give with magazines people really buy the stuff as I do, who cares to download the full CD's from Internet when every day any where in any Company, new Linux version comes out to be thrown into the I.T. world huh....

I found the Live CDs to be extremely useful :lol: when those came to be handy for when I fixed problems in HardDrive and Partitioning as well as Booting MBR problems and many other things. I was even surfing the Internet and it took only at least Five minutes to configure my Broadband LAN Card to be able to initiate the LAN alive configuration before being able to surf the Internet and none-the-less, I got more bandwidth than even Windows!!!!!! From Knoppix!!! BeCoz the System was free from any Virus scares and firewalls as well as the LAN Services that exist on Windows NT type platforms and as usual I used the rapid boost Mozilla in the Knoppix uptil now I haven't got any problems with even any Hardware device from getting Plug&Played into the LiveLinuxes although the only problem with is that the media gets recked hot when I take it out from the CD-ROM device.

Tushar
Posted on 2005-04-06 02:26:47 by Wonder Mage
If you like the live CD just wait till you give linux a home on a hard drive
you will find out that you are just getting your feet wet with a live CD
Posted on 2005-04-06 13:41:04 by rob.rice
Hi friend,

Posted by: rob.rice :
{

If you like the live CD just wait till you give linux a home on a hard drive
you will find out that you are just getting your feet wet with a live CD

}

Yes rob.rice, I have already installed Fedora Core 3 on one of my partitons. Recently I bought a DVD for it from one of the IT hubs here at New Delhi. I got the other versions of Red-Hat as well in the past few years and worked on them. I used to work on Redhat 6 and some months ago on version 7.2 although my main work always is on the Windows NT based systems here in the professional life in my college because in India, people still are not as savy about Linux Systems as in the western countries.

I am currently in a college and studing IT cource here at New Delhi. I joined this Forum in mid-year 2002 while in Early year of college. What about you?

Tushar

Posted on 2005-04-06 14:20:58 by Wonder Mage
Hi,
I have got the DVD of Fedora Core 3 free with a magazine PCQuest. I have not installed it tho. I don't like Linux much

Thomas :P

PS : Mera Bharat Mahan :D :P
Posted on 2005-04-08 10:25:57 by thomasantony
The Ubuntu Live CD isn't that bad.
Posted on 2005-04-08 21:11:25 by SpooK
Pranaam Thomas,

Yes I have it too friend, I bought the PCQLinux Brand Fedora 3 Core DVD from Nehru Place here in New Delhi. I installed Fedora 3 into my system and uptil now its much better than any other Linux system. The graphics more better in new Linux coming in the global and local markets. ... You can try to install Fedora 3 in the system as it is both Server and Client as well alike so the Internet works much faster than Windows. :) Cheers Mera Bharat Mahan :) ...

Best Regards brother,
Tushar

Hi Spook,

Posted by: SpooK
[ The Ubuntu Live CD isn't that bad. ]

:) Yes buddy, I do have Ubuntu Linux 4.10 although I got installation CD which I recently bought here at New Delhi. Here we can find Windows software more than anything else in the Computer Markets.

Best Regards brother,
Tushar

Posted on 2005-04-08 23:54:59 by Wonder Mage

Hi SpooK,

? ? ? ? ? ? Yes, I am using the Ubuntu Linux installed as an individual partition although the main factor is that it has much of the needed progs. Exactly the development stuff are missing. We need to install the rpms from their download site via online. I just take up backups of the Small Linux partitions from Knoppix's partimage proggy. In-fact there were some bugs that I fixed the critical old Serial mouse bug. I have an old 1999 Logitech three button serial mouse still in use. That I always fix up when installing any Linux system or just booting Live CDs like Suse etc.

Thanks buddy, Take care :)

Tushar
Posted on 2005-06-02 15:33:27 by Wonder Mage

Hi SpooK,

Yes, I am using the Ubuntu Linux installed as an individual partition although the main factor is that it has much of the needed progs. Exactly the development stuff are missing. We need to install the rpms from their download site via online. I just take up backups of the Small Linux partitions from Knoppix's partimage proggy. In-fact there were some bugs that I fixed the critical old Serial mouse bug. I have an old 1999 Logitech three button serial mouse still in use. That I always fix up when installing any Linux system or just booting Live CDs like Suse etc.

Tushar

Two sides of the same coin. I've used Ubuntu LiveCD for out of the box "just works" type stuff, but I still and Gentoo for customized and stable base systems with all the "fixings" ;)
Posted on 2005-06-02 15:45:37 by SpooK
Did anybody try Puppy Linux on a flash-drive?
When I look at their logo, to that "puppy", I need to laugh, but it's amazing what does it contain in 60MB. For example if you have only a 128MB pen-drive, you will have the OS with you and beside it you will still have much space for your user files too.
Posted on 2005-06-03 05:36:06 by bszente

Hi SpooK,

? ? ? ? ? ? Yes, I am using the Ubuntu Linux installed as an individual partition although the main factor is that it has much of the needed progs. Exactly the development stuff are missing. We need to install the rpms from their download site via online. I just take up backups of the Small Linux partitions from Knoppix's partimage proggy. In-fact there were some bugs that I fixed the critical old Serial mouse bug. I have an old 1999 Logitech three button serial mouse still in use. That I always fix up when installing any Linux system or just booting Live CDs like Suse etc.

Tushar

Two sides of the same coin. I've used Ubuntu LiveCD for out of the box "just works" type stuff, but I still and Gentoo for customized and stable base systems with all the "fixings" ;)

Hi Spook,

Yaa, I installed the Ubuntu Linux on a 2.4 GB Partition. If I want to have any package to be installed on the platform, I use the Synaptic package tool for getting the available rpms from the Repositories. In-fact I have used Synaptic to get the QtParted and Partimage from the Repositories, the packeges available for the later versions of Linux Fedora and installed on Knoppix 2004 > versions. It was tough installing Ubuntu and later on Selectably downloading packages from Repositories using Synaptic. I just got the backups of the small 2.4 GB Self-boot partition from Knoppix 3.6 Partimage. I was impressed when I got the 2.4 GB data fitted compressed imaged onto a CDROM and once restored the whole partition without any errors. [ The mere fact: Ubuntu is sure for humans ;)  ]

hi Bszente,

Nop, I guess I only once visited the site. I was seeking a CDROM live distro. consisting of packages of Computer Maintence and downloaded Ultimate Boot CD.

The only thing now missing in Live CD Linuxoses is Apache Linux. I guess if Apache Organization releases a Linux with all the apaches and their components. ;)

Thanks guys,
Tushar

Posted on 2005-06-09 00:13:01 by Wonder Mage