hi all,
i want to create masm software router (something like Kerio's Winroute). The big problem is that i have no idea where
to begin. I beg you to help me with all kind of information (source , Windows API, web link, etc). It is important
to supplement that i don't mean a proxy but a gateway software. I want to make a router which to control internet
traffic and speed to every PC in my LAN. It is to be a useful software for cabled internet service providers (ISP).

Thanks in advance !? ;)
Posted on 2005-04-17 08:45:44 by martidim
I have never done anything like this before, but I assumed that you would need the DDK.

According to Google Groups I was correct.
Posted on 2005-04-18 09:04:14 by gorshing
Thank you gorshing. It was a very useful link for me !
Posted on 2005-04-18 12:36:08 by martidim
Do i need something like that to program tunnel between remote subnets?
Posted on 2005-04-22 08:51:26 by etn
Hi etn,
the program can be a tunnel between remote subnets, too. May be my description is not detailed enough.
This type of software can found for linux, but not for Windows (i mean free software). I wrote a proxy in C++Builder. In my case a proxy is not very useful. I want to make a good ISP software. To provide internet by traffic and by speed.
Posted on 2005-04-28 09:40:11 by martidim
Hi

My tunnel is sniffer like.
listen to all packets in one subnet and resend them to another an vice versa.

this solution is not efficient enough

Could you share the source code of the proxy?

best thx
Posted on 2005-05-06 06:35:00 by etn
I will share the source of the router, but the BIG problem is that there aren't any yet. My question is how to begin wrighting. What API's should i use? Where could i find more information? I will be glad if someone would like to cooperate in creation of the software router.
Posted on 2005-05-13 13:42:19 by martidim