:sad:
Studying the win32asm is a kind of pain. But i need it extremely. since there is nothing rather than it.
:mad:
Posted on 2005-05-12 09:39:57 by dcskm4200
I felt like that in the beginning too, but once I could cope with 20-30 instructions, and a few macros - it became a piece of cake. Using the Win32 API is easier in asm than in C, since in C you have to make an insane number of type conversions.
The only hard things in asm are:

-math expressions:
y = ((x*15)<<6) ^ ((z-123) * dx - 16);

-and especially if they use the FPU:
float f1 = sin(pi * 0.3 - 0.7) + (35.35 * z);

-and accessing array elements of arbitrary-sized structs:
long x = SomeArray[5 + index2]];

>_<
But these are not that often to come up, and hey - you can easily beat the C compiler there :) . At least for me, these were the only problematic types of code iirc.

There's a (hidden) gem in modern asm - if you master the macros (if you can easily make complex macros), you can save a lot of typing, speeding up your development (which is really important), while the speed of your app stays top-notch. I call it "hidden", because sadly not enough people have seen the true power of macros - I can name only half a dozen such fellow coders.

Btw, maybe you're not using an apropriate IDE/editor? Using Notepad or the like  only makes the coding experience unpleasant. Intellisense is a must-have, and fortunately most asm IDEs feature it. But also it can be a matter of taste - you should find the IDE/editor that you feel most comfortable with.
Posted on 2005-05-12 13:13:42 by Ultrano
Hello,Ultrano

Thanks for you imparted your experiences to me. it is very important towards every newbie takes a TRUE step and keeping them are always been gone on the right way.

at the same time, I sincerely hope most of super coders can talk about their experiences too in the forum.

I knew you from your SmallAlloc. it is useful code that written very well.

regards.
Posted on 2005-05-13 22:05:07 by dcskm4200