Hi Ketil,

Is there an existing way to use the Create Proto in the Properties Window so that it Creates Protos from all the functions? Somehow kind of like the 'Export ID equs' as I sometimes create a couple procedures at a time and then I need to find them inside the Properties window and individually select 'Create Proto' for each of them and I think this needs to be simplified.
Posted on 2005-05-22 18:28:13 by JimmyClif
Hi JimmyClif,

There is no way with the existing tool to create protos in "batch" mode. I would think an addin would not be too difficult in this case as the wordlists of the properties window is available, at worst you can just step though the properties box executing create proto, better still you can extract the info and create your own protos.

My memory may have failed me but I believe the proc parameters are stored along with the name as part of the listbox text but way over to the right so you can't see them.  Perhaps a type of multiselectable "Create Proto Ex" addin using a popup list to choose from ?
Posted on 2005-05-23 17:45:01 by donkey
Yes Donkey is right. It's a very simple addin.
It adds Create Proto to the Tools menu.

Get it here:
http://radasm.visualassembler.com/Upload/CreateProto.zip

KetilO
Posted on 2005-05-24 03:22:34 by KetilO
Thanks Ketil... I see that it was simple.. but forgive me for not being able to do it myself. I try to pencil in some time to get ahold of the RadAsm AddIn functionality.

By the way:

128) .while eax<24
129) mov byte ptr ,' '
130) inc edi
131) inc eax
132) .endw
133) mov byte ptr , 9
134) inc edi
135) invoke lstrcpy,edi,addr szProto

Adding Lines 133 & 134 also takes care of protos if the Procedure Name is above 24 chars. ;)
Posted on 2005-05-24 06:09:06 by JimmyClif
Thanks for pointing out that bug.

New upload.

KetilO
Posted on 2005-05-24 07:34:49 by KetilO