I dont know how to call this thread, but this days, I have passed much time failing by little bits of things, I will like that you contribute in your experiences, the things that have stoped you one hour or two days :D, being OS more like a walk without watch... And also discuse about some of them for get to a plausible solution:

This time:

1) When you are sure that certain functions are correct, discard them and find the source of the error elsewhere:

I have passed a day or so trying to understand a error,
I have understand that my functions where correct and how I call them,
the problem was with a name of a variable that only differ in one character in the name,
and I use a incorrect one, in fact it wasnt near the point I tought that the problem was,
but was in the logic line of execution, supose some like setup,
loading and use I was thinking that my problem was in loading or use, but it was in setup.
This is open to discusion, a way of namming convention??
Posted on 2005-05-22 19:03:55 by rea
2) If you will enter in a function in real mode and return from the function in protected mode, make sure that SS and CS correspond to selectors that map correctly the address that where using in real mode.
Posted on 2005-05-23 10:13:03 by rea

the problem was with a name of a variable that only differ in one character in the name

General programming advise: never use a "plural s" in variable names. Ie, don't use the name "results", use "resultlist".
Posted on 2005-05-23 14:54:43 by f0dder
But plurals are not the only source for that type of error, I was writing gdtr_label instead of gdt_label, one refering to a structure that will fill the register and the other refer to the entryes in the GDT, tought I guess was more a error of flow or continue with the movement about the names.
Posted on 2005-05-23 15:36:24 by rea