Hello, everyhody:

In IE's Rebar, where you can write the web address, there is a STATIC, a COMBOBOX and a BUTTON, they are in one REBARBANDINFO, but in MSDN the REBARBANDINFO.hwndChild can only be assigned to one control.

How does the IE put the three controls in one REBARBANDINFO?

Thanks!
Posted on 2005-05-29 09:39:20 by seasea
Hello seasea,

Check out this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/rebar/rebar.asp? Microsoft explains it better than I can:)

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2005-05-30 08:42:58 by czDrillard
Hello, czDrillard:
  Thank you.

I know the article that you mentioned.

I've read MSDN and the article carefully. The article just demonstrates how to create a rebar control and how to create a toolbar or menubar like that IE does.And in the sample, only one combox is put in the rebarband.

Please look at the IE rebar. In the address rebarband, there is a combox control and a button control . And I find that the two controls behave as a rebarband, not like toolbar.

Putting some controls in one rebarband,if it's possible, may be easy to manage the sizes of these controls and the messages.

Of course, I can put these controls in one toolbar, then put the toolbar in the rebarband. It maybe a little difficult, for the sizes of these controls and the messages.

So, what I want is putting a combox, an edit and 2 buttons in the only one rebarband, just like what IE does.

Sorry for my poor English.

Thank you and any others.
Posted on 2005-05-30 10:47:42 by seasea
the Toolbar of IE is like this:
  the main toolbar is a single bar, the address-combobox and the goto button-toolbar their parent is a ComboBoxEx32 control, the M$ is extended the control.
Posted on 2005-06-26 14:29:08 by 13800
Create a child window (blank no borders) and this will be the child of the REBARBANDINFO.  Now add as many children to the blank window as you need...

IE

REBARBANDINFO (note only one child) ->
    Blank child window ->
          STATIC
          COMBOBOX
          BUTTON
Posted on 2005-06-28 08:39:23 by Graebel
  13800, czDrillard and Graebel:
  Thank you !

Create a child window (blank no borders) and this will be the child of the REBARBANDINFO. Now add as many children to the blank window as you need...

IE

REBARBANDINFO (note only one child) ->
Blank child window ->
STATIC
COMBOBOX
BUTTON

I think it is a good idea. I will try it .

Thank you .
Posted on 2005-06-30 08:09:56 by seasea