I got bored last night and was unable to sleep, so I figured I would code something. After about 30 minutes of altering windows display settings and tinkering around in the registry, I finally thought of something to design. This is a menu system similar to that used by Macromedia Fireworks. It uses nice little bitmap buttons for the menu items and a static control for the description. When you select a menu item, all the lower items shift downward and the static control shifts upward as to act as a place for short information about the section to rest. I also set the background to a bitmap, removed the caption and made the whole thing moveable using the WM_NCHITTEST message. But basically it just demonstrates a nice alternative menu system. Refering to the Tab Demo I got from KetilO's collection, it would be very easy to use for windows with multiple layouts by creating dialog containers for your controls, then using ShowWindow to switch between containers, that should be handled in the WM_COMMAND section. It's not that complicated, and I actually took care to make it readable (I used the high level syntax for once) and I hope you find a use for it.

Regards,
Bryant Keller
Attachments:
Posted on 2005-06-04 08:32:09 by Synfire
Hello,

I think you must be really bored last night. Haha. Anyway, I think it looks quite cool. Maybe you can get hutch to include it in his package as one of the examples. Keep up the good work.
Posted on 2005-06-04 10:22:02 by roticv
nice stuff brybry - I'll pick your brain regarding ownerdrawn stuff at some stage :)
Posted on 2005-06-04 16:03:48 by Homer
Roticv,
Let me put it like this... after I finished it, I actually uninstalled Windows, installed freebsd, got bored, unistalled freebsd, installed Slackware, then finally reinstalled Windows 2k pro... as well as coded this little gem  :lol:

@@my_house:
%define @own 0
%define risk 0
enter @own, risk
not sane
call
leave
dont: ret;urn

Homer,
    Yea, I would love to hang around more often.. and sorry about ditching out so quickly in chat. My ride was leaving. I only have access to the net at Big Cat record's studio so I can't really get on as much as I would like. But I'll try to stop by chat whenever I get a chance.

General,
    I found a small bit of code in that attachment that shouldn't be there. When I was first making it I didn't have an 'Exit' button so I used a menu, I apparently didn't delete the menu handles out of .data? and the invoke ShowMenu,hMain out of the Main proc. So here is a fixed version.

Attachments:
Posted on 2005-06-05 12:04:53 by Synfire
Just an update on this app, I sent it to a few people and they had problems trying to figure out how to encorperate dialogs onto it (kinda like tabs) by using ShowWindow.... Okay, they they aren't very bright people, but their cool to talk to sometimes. So, for them, here is the same app above, but it has the dialogs and everything working, more or less just insert your own resources then modify the Tab procs. So if anyone needed help in this process, just check this version out.

Regards,
Bryant Keller
Attachments:
Posted on 2005-06-13 20:07:59 by Synfire