Hi. I'm coding a racing game, and i fell into VERY strange problem? :shock:

when i render with Z-Buffer enabled (dev9->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, D3DZB_TRUE); ) then i see something like in the image1? (with_zbuffer.gif),? but when i disable Z-Buffer? ( dev9->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, D3DZB_FALSE); )? everything looks OK (but it's only because I render level geometry with proper back-to-front sorting).? ?The problem is that i really need the z-buffer, so I just can't stop using it? .

Please notice that "start" banner is reversed when i disable z-buffer? :shock:? (everything else in the code and data is same for both images).

------------------------
/edit

Now i finally had the chance to test it on GeForce256 and it works properly. looks like it fails only on my GF FX 5200  :shock:
Posted on 2005-06-21 14:05:33 by ti_mo_n
Do you clear the z-buffer before drawing each frame?
Posted on 2005-08-30 06:09:21 by GorillaCoder
yes i do. i've already solved it: it's my computer's fault, because it had 2.9V on AGP instead of 3.3V. I reduced the load and it started to work correclty.
Posted on 2005-08-30 09:57:49 by ti_mo_n

yes i do. i've already solved it: it's my computer's fault, because it had 2.9V on AGP instead of 3.3V. I reduced the load and it started to work correclty.

O_o
Posted on 2005-08-30 10:33:25 by f0dder