Warning: This is a severely early work in progress.

I was using AMD's profiling software, but it's quite a bloated pig. I can't imagine trying to fit it into a development cycle! This way just seems easier to me.

The idea is to have a single include file that changes the PROLOGUE/EPILOGUE to profile all/select proceedures. I would like to have cummulitive information across several runs of the same program. There will be code to display/load/save custom profiling information. I think there are still bugs in the macros - it worked on a test, but I couldn't just grab any program and include it. Anyone have some suggestions? Want to test the macros?

I will post updates as they come - this isn't on the front burner.
Posted on 2001-12-01 01:24:36 by bitRAKE
Sounds interesting BitRack, however, I'm not sure I followed exactly what it does ... I downloaded the include file, but what is the PROLOGUE/EPILOGUE of a procedure?

Sliver
Posted on 2001-12-01 14:39:33 by Sliver
MASM uses the PROLOGUE/EPILOGUE macros like so:
MyProc PROC a:DWORD,b:DWORD

; execute PROLOGUE macro

;...

ret ; execute EPILOGUE macro
MyProc ENDP
MASM has internal default macros, but you can define your own, for special purposes.
Posted on 2001-12-03 10:22:09 by bitRAKE
I never included an example with this code! Sorry.

Basically, code as normally but now there is a new option for PROC/ENDP called PROFILE (must be caps). To add profile code to the PROC do the following:
testPROC PROC [b]<PROFILE>[/b] uses esi edi, abc:DWORD

testPROC ENDP
Yes, you can add features to your PROCs!
This is an example how - use it!
Posted on 2003-05-01 23:45:47 by bitRAKE
bitRAKE,
Are you going to create new HLA?
Posted on 2003-05-02 00:30:58 by lingo12
Posted on 2003-05-03 10:57:31 by bitRAKE