There were electronic/game conventions in USA, where the both systems were demonstrated (with early demos of games for them). Game (online) magazines literally flooded with specs, screenshots, movies, details on game developers with contracts. Xbox360 was advertised on MTV  3 months ago. I am not sure when PS3 will come out, but 360 seems will ship soon(er). Sony and MS are waiting for the gamedevs to complete a set of games, and then they'll start shipping, I think. Meanwhile Sony and MS will sort-out any bugs that sprung out of their .libs/BIOS/OS (in conjunction with the gamedevs).
Posted on 2005-09-16 02:15:47 by Ultrano

In all honesty after seeing the the demo running, I would give my hand to the PS3. The graphics simply blew XBox360 out of the water IMO. I remember the PowerVR chip, damn it didnt use the passover? Holy thats pretty neat. I ad a Matrox Millenium 2MB at the time the thing couldnt do texturing in hardware lol but it could raster flat and gouraud shaded polygons fine. Its amazing how hardware has advanced in only a decade!

Playstation 1 and 2 simply sucked IMO. Nothing I hate more than excessive loading times and crappy graphics, most games you can see the textures do not align. Saving to the memory card can be a nightmare too. PS3 really needs to take care of the CD/DVD Drive dependancy and the load times before I would even take a look at it.
Posted on 2005-09-16 12:15:38 by SpooK
I personally cant comment on that Spook because I havent owned any of those systems. But I did buy a PSP a week ago and man, I can tell you that thing rocks. Too bad I cant code for it (because I have firmware 2.00). But Ridge Racer, WOW, nice game. Though the environment maps are REALLY low res, cant complain cuz its a handheld.
Posted on 2005-09-16 19:36:51 by x86asm