I am newbie of assembler :),I tried to search the information about that but failed.Could anyone tell me the meaning of these codes and how do they actually work in CPU?Thanks for answer.
Posted on 2005-08-19 14:03:07 by Advance
PUSH is the same as:

mov DWORD PTR , r
add esp, 4

and POP is the same as:

sub esp, 4
mov r, DWORD PTR

ESP is the Extended Stack Pointer and is initialized by the CPU to point at the beginning of the stack in memory.? ESP should always point to a memory address that is a multiple of 4. When most functions (Windows API functions for example) are called the parameters are pushed onto the stack, control is transfered to the function, durring the function the parameters are popped off the stack, then the function returns.

Spara
Posted on 2005-08-19 15:31:00 by Sparafusile
Thank you and it helps me very much :).Could you tell me the full name of the other 7 register temporarily?I had manual of MASM8.2 but it doesn't include basic tutorial for beginner.
Posted on 2005-08-19 18:22:52 by Advance
www.madwizard.org has very good introductory material, but it seems there's some problems with his site right now :(

EAX EBX ECX EDX ESI EDI ESP EBP are the general-purpose registers, anyway.
Posted on 2005-08-19 18:46:43 by f0dder
Thank you.I clicked "Tutorials" but it was not any respone,the page always stay in title :(.Do you know any other site about assembly with basic tutorial?
Posted on 2005-08-19 19:06:18 by Advance
the madwizard site has the best intro I know of, since it teaches some basic assembly instead of basic windows programming... it'll probably get up and running again soon.

There's Randall Hyde's Art Of Assembly stuff, but it's 16bit (and the 32bit version is for his HLA syntax). Probably still worth a read, though.

Some hardcore freaks will recommend that you learn assembly by reading the intel manuals, but I wouldn't recommend that... they're good references, though.
Posted on 2005-08-19 19:08:35 by f0dder
In fact I had Iczelion's tutorial of WIN32ASM and learning it now. :) It's a wonderful tutorial that anybody could learn windows assembly easily.Now I knew the meanings of push and pop,even what m2m macro do itself.Thanks for all reply. :D
Posted on 2005-08-19 19:38:19 by Advance