Is some one here have a function work like GetProcAddress for linux library? Or maybe microsoft have a standard function to do it?
Posted on 2005-08-21 23:57:20 by realvampire
dlsym
Posted on 2005-08-22 00:37:36 by nohaven
just wondering, why someone would like to call a *linux compiled library* function from windows? :O
Posted on 2005-08-23 08:20:35 by arafel
lol
Posted on 2005-08-23 09:39:03 by comrade

just wondering, why someone would like to call a *linux compiled library* function from windows  :O

cygwin
Posted on 2005-08-23 18:01:34 by SpooK
Ok. Didn't thought of that :)
But than why GetProcAddres couldn't be used? If it's a linux library used through cygwin, than this library should been already recompiled for cygwin and became ordinary windows dll. which could be used like any other dll.
Posted on 2005-08-23 20:52:46 by arafel
I still wonder whether the original poster wants to use an ELF shared library on windows, or wants the linux equivalent of LoadLibrary+GetProcAddress?
Posted on 2005-08-23 21:05:17 by f0dder
Fodder:
I want to use  the linux equivalent of LoadLibrary+GetProcAddress. Maybe you know the linux lib format if you dont have it.
I saw a cool function from linux OS that not exist on Windows. I think as long as linux executable is using x86 instruction it would be no worry about compatibility.
Posted on 2005-08-24 06:36:04 by realvampire
then check out the manpages for dlopen, dlsym, dlclose ...

I saw a cool function from linux OS that not exist on Windows.

Which?
Posted on 2005-08-24 08:09:05 by f0dder
The GUI function, it is very good. I saw it on cyber cafe at another town.
Posted on 2005-08-28 07:15:49 by realvampire
WHAT GUI FUNCTION
Posted on 2005-08-28 09:29:44 by comrade
gui function ??
maybe you mean a gui lib? like GTK / QT ?
Posted on 2005-08-28 09:43:37 by wizzra
We have a story/saying in Romania about what relavampire / Farabi is doing:

"One foul throws a stone into the lake...
And 100 wise old man try to find a method to get it out of there... "

This describes perfectly what realvampire has been doing for quite a while now...

I know everybody has been given him some trust "on lease" hoping that he is just a newbie that will eventually grow up and start making sense... However this has not happened... he keeps trowing rocks in an useless manner.

I think that this "good will"  lease has expired for this user.

If you check all his posts over time you will see what i mean. Some contain information because the "wiseman" try to make it so... but his way of asking did not improve over time.

I am not a moderator on win32asm anymore...(because i did not ask on the new board). Maybe I should ask to  be one again? Spook, what do you think?

Or, one of the moderators of today should start moving those kind of threads and posts (aka clueless confusing ones) into an area like:
" funny pointless and clueless confusion postings " because they do pollute the forum's real content and make it look non proffessional...

IMHO of course ;)

I have noticed on other threads how comrade tries to keep him on real grounds... But with little success.
I know that you guys know about Qt and GTK and XWindows GUI programming and API BUT before an user does clarify his questions I guess one should restrain from "blowing in the wind..."

I mean "... I  saw an GUI function in an iternet cafe... " :D
Was it blonde or blue? :P

Posted on 2005-08-28 10:54:24 by BogdanOntanu
hehe, nice to see you again Bogdan - and glad that I'm not the only one who can't make much sense of the guy :)
Posted on 2005-08-28 11:12:38 by f0dder
HEY BOGDAN MAN WHAT IS UR PROBLEM

Farabi is just a poor student with big headphones, blurry eyes, slippery fingers, and bug easy who is trying to learn. Surely he has not such an excellent command of the English language, like you do Bogdan. After all, you have been through the Soviet-style education system which is top of the class.

LEAVE FARABI ALONE!
Posted on 2005-08-28 12:11:31 by comrade
1)Ok, I will let realvampire alone ...
--> hope his questions and experience will improve in the next years or so...
2)I can not free Saddam
--> since it is not my responsability... and I fail to see the connection...
3)I was not educated by a Soviet system
-->I have learned almost everything on my own with little help from the elementary school system in Romania.
Although I have been at University I did not learned much there... so I guess I am self-educated.
4)English language
-->I speak English, French,German,Italian and Spanish and I do understand a lot more languages ...
and I have learned them on my own (besides English).

I think everybody should learn at least somehow decent English but ...eh such is life.

Posted on 2005-08-29 13:29:07 by BogdanOntanu
Come on guys, lets not do this!
Posted on 2005-08-29 19:43:39 by x86asm
Actually you all are pushing your luck. Help each other out while obeying the community rules (that includes political messages that I have to edit every so often for you comrade) or I find no other use for this forum and I will simply shut it down. I am not here to babysit.

Now that I have your attention. No one is forcing you to reply to a message, help if you want... if not, then don't. People will make their own decisions on when they think a member of this community is not "trying hard enough" by simply not replying. I also ask you to realize that the collection of questions on this forum should not be considered the sum of someone's effort/work.
Posted on 2005-08-29 21:32:23 by SpooK