Hey, I wrote a 32-Bit Compiler in VB it is not perfect but at least it works. This is open source and is very simple to understand. Also you can do inline assembler if you have FASM DOS (Console) version installed on you system! But there IS NO NEED FOR FASM just for the Inline Assembler. ;)

feedback or suggestions would be nice because I'm looking for new ideas and how to improve it.

You can download Binaries or Visual Basic 6 source here:

http://www.kidev.com/devres/?page=libry

Edit: as f0dder sayd I should post some screenshot and explain the language a bit.

Libry is a C Style language and doesn't need any runtimes it compiles directly down into machine code and is linked into a very small PE-File. The Executables are very fast and very simple.

For do a MessageBox you only need a few lines of code. See here:
init "MyFirstApp",GUI;

alias MessageBox for MessageBoxA lib "USER32.DLL",4;
alias ExitProcess lib "KERNEL32.DLL",1;

frame main();
MessageBox(0,"Hello World!","Libry..",$20);
ExitProcess(0);
end;

As you can see this is very very simple! Libry supports types, API, frames, pointers and so on. If you wan't some more info just ask me ;)

For those who having problems running my programs because of the vb runtime look here (thanks to vbVeryBegginner):
Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0: Run-Time Redistribution Pack (vbrun60sp6.exe)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7B9BA261-7A9C-43E7-9117-F673077FFB3C&displaylang=en

As I also mentioned at fasm forums: If you see this as an advertisment please delete it. It isn't meant to ;)
Posted on 2005-09-06 00:03:21 by Kinex
Sounds interesting, and since it's not a commercial project, at least I don't see this as (spam-style) advertising.

You might want to explain a bit about the language, just a few lines to get people's attention... and you could post a small screenshot of the IDE showing the language right here, again to get people's attention.
Posted on 2005-09-06 01:04:25 by f0dder
hi! do i need to call exactly dos version of fasm or you mean just a console version (win32 also)?
Posted on 2005-09-06 04:34:34 by Shoo
I would guess console version - wouldn't make sense otherwise.
Posted on 2005-09-06 04:48:12 by f0dder
i think also, just not able test it at work: have no vb support here, will try at home :)
Posted on 2005-09-06 04:52:47 by Shoo
Yes its the Console version of fasm sorry for that ;)

Regards,
Kinex
Posted on 2005-09-06 11:46:10 by Kinex
??? No docs ???

I didn't find any detailed description of the language. At the very least, show some syntax. Show what "$" means. Put the info in a TXT file. Don't make me guess. Don't make me scan the source code.

Example syntax description:

goto <label>
Posted on 2005-09-06 21:20:53 by tenkey
Oh sorry. I wrote a quick documentation. Hope it is usefull!

http://www.kidev.com/files/Libry%20Compiler%204.0%20Documentation.txt
Posted on 2005-09-06 23:32:21 by Kinex
That's better.

You still need to show what can be put into an .

A list of operators and precedence will do. If you don't have precedence, state whether operators are left-to-right or right-to-left.
Posted on 2005-09-07 19:05:24 by tenkey
Hi Kinex,

Does your compiler support the include statement? I couldn't find a statement equivalent to include. If it's possible, could you add this statement which is very important for programming? The reason is that I would like to support your tool but without the include statement , it's difficult to do some nice examples.
Posted on 2005-09-09 01:00:57 by Vortex