how can i detect when the user selects one item from list in combobox and return index of that item. i can do like that user selects some item from combo box and when i press some button for example OK i send CB_GETCURSEL and i get the index. This is working but i dont want to press button OK, i want to get index on the fly, when user selects item i must get index immediately. I used WM_NOTIFY in parent window and then used messages like CBEN_ENDEDIT but i dont get the right results. Anyone with some code snipet or some advice is welcomed.
Thank you.
Posted on 2001-12-04 15:12:13 by beam1000
You'll probably want to take a look at the CBN_xxx notification messages (namely CBN_SELCHANGE and/or CBN_SELENDOK), and then handle the CB_GETCURSEL code in there. Sorry, but I don't have a readily available snippet, but that should point you in the right direction.
Posted on 2001-12-04 15:24:53 by Will
thank you its working...i was looking for that message but couldnt found it:) i was looking for CN_ not CBN_ :)
thank you again
Posted on 2001-12-04 15:50:06 by beam1000
Don't mention it. ;)

I've asked so many question here, that it's good to help someone else out when I get the chance. Usually, someone else beats me to the easy questions (about the only ones I can answer)!
Posted on 2001-12-04 16:02:11 by Will