Great!

Am I mistaken when I say: You haven't got this far under DirectX 8 on this subject?
Congratulations with this achievement!

I'll post all related code next year (in the coming days) for anyone who is interested.

I guess you want it to be 100% before you show it to the world?

Friendly regards,
mdevries

Posted on 2006-01-06 13:04:41 by mdevries
Under DX8 I had a lot more work to do myself.
I had to code the entire hierarchy loader, including parsing of the XFile templates.
Also, I had to animate the keyframe matrices myself.
Basically I am at the same point I was at then.

I suspect I know what is wrong with the code !!

The render code never sets the fvf to suit the mesh(s), and my demo has some other rendering going on using custom fvf, which probably screws up the default fvf.
Also, and more strange to me, the render code never sets mesh material(s) ??!?
I was less concerned about texturing than I was about the fact that the geometry is rendered incorrectly, which lead me to believe that I was doing something wrong with the matrix transformations.

I'll probably kick myself when I add code to set the fvf to suit a given meshcontainer.
Posted on 2006-01-06 20:39:58 by Homer
Hi Homer,

The render code never sets the fvf to suit the mesh(s), and my demo has some other rendering going on using custom fvf, which probably screws up the default fvf.

What "other rendering using custom fvf" are you talking about?
And do you expect being able to make progress shortly?

Friendly regards,
mdevries.
Posted on 2006-01-15 07:59:25 by mdevries
The demo renders some untextured and some textured geometry just to prove that everything is working and give the user something to look at with the camera.
These demo geometries use custom vertex formats.
Before rendering each, a call is made to SetFVF.

I'll get back on the skinmesh stuff soon, or else post the source for public scrutiny (it's not large).
Posted on 2006-01-15 10:55:29 by Homer