I just got this email:

To: forum @ bitRAKE.com
Subject: herkes buraya
Reply-to: forum @ bitRAKE.com
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:00:08 -0700

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "Hacked by ERHAN15". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

forum @ bitRAKE.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.notbogus.com/board/index.php
Posted on 2005-09-29 12:07:06 by QvasiModo
Yeah, the top marquee gave the hint away  :P

http://www.bitrake.com/phpBB2/portal.php

Is that a php-nuke website?
Posted on 2005-09-29 12:33:30 by w00
So do I received.
!@#?!
Posted on 2005-09-29 12:44:48 by Kecol
Geez, script kiddies...  :mad:

Reply-To: yok_06@hotmail.com, Hacked by yok_06 <yok_06@hotmail.com>
Date: Sep 29, 2005 2:47 PM
Subject: Your account on Hacked by yok_06

Dear QvasiModo,

This is an automated message to tell you that your account on Hacked by yok_06 has been removed due to inactivity.

If you wish to become an active part of our online community again, please re-register using this link:

http:///phpBB2/profile.php?mode=register

You will receive no further emails concerning this account.
Posted on 2005-09-29 13:27:26 by QvasiModo
man, sucks when people have to go around moofing up peoples site. don't see the point myself but hey...
Posted on 2005-09-30 01:45:44 by Damnation
That's why I hate hackers.  ;)

Why can't phpbb be more secured?
Posted on 2005-09-30 04:06:22 by roticv
i like hackers, well good hackers. the ones that attack there own networks and friends and their works networks, to find the holes and secure them.
but the hackers/ crackers that attack systems suck then u getteh scriptkiddies who come and nurf peoples sites.

and i dunno they need to put some more time into securing it.
Posted on 2005-09-30 04:08:31 by Damnation
That has always been a debate about open source. Do you wish to make senseless and impatient script kiddies (Open Source), or do you force people to actually have to try to exploit things by learning about them (Closed Source). I personally believe that most script kiddies are the angry-at-the-world types who play online games and get pissed off when someone kills them too many times. They are also the kind that don't know a damn thing about programming and usually try to find simple things to make them look "l33t". At least if you force exploiters to learn, they have a better chance at growing up and out of their child-like attitudes.
Posted on 2005-09-30 13:58:18 by SpooK
Spook, I don't think open source is the defining factor... after all, script kiddies also attack bugs in closed source applications. And typically they don't understand any of them, open or closed source. :roll:
Posted on 2005-09-30 14:07:03 by QvasiModo
Nevertheless,
(...)I personally believe that most script kiddies are the angry-at-the-world types who play online games and get pissed off when someone kills them too many times. They are also the kind that don't know a damn thing about programming and usually try to find simple things to make them look "l33t".(...)

this is true ;)
Posted on 2005-09-30 17:20:29 by ti_mo_n
Same thing about virii writers. Something has to be done about the excess of testosterone in these kids... :lol:
Posted on 2005-09-30 17:23:18 by QvasiModo
just knew it  last week. so sad, coz it's one of the forum that I visit most and I learn quite a lot from it  :sad:
Posted on 2005-10-23 21:54:56 by Pinczakko

Same thing about virii writers. Something has to be done about the excess of testosterone in these kids... :lol:

the government, should fund "girls for geeks" that way at least the girls can keep the virii and script kiddies, off the keyboard, they'll then have something new to explore.
Posted on 2005-10-23 23:50:38 by Damnation

Don't you mean "LACK OF TESTOSTERONE"? :lol:
Posted on 2005-10-27 09:21:59 by rags